Microsoft released the second Insider build for Redstone 5 this week which includes some notable app updates and other fixes and improvements.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview build 17746 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. This is the second new Insider build for Redstone 5 this week and comes on the heels of build 17744 which was rolled out on Tuesday. There are no new features to report, but there is a few notable app updates to Your Phone and Screen Sketch. And there are more fixes and other improvements to the OS overall. Here is a look at what’s new and changed in today’s build as we get closer to the official release of build 1809 expected in the coming weeks.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 Preview Build 17746
Here is a look the new changes, fixes, and improvements included in today’s latest build:
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would incorrectly report some standard combo boxes as “editable combo box” instead of “combo box”.
- We fixed an issue in Windows Mixed Reality causing motion controllers to need to be re-paired after initial setup before appearing in the headset. If you still experience this, please file feedback in Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue for Japanese and German where when you reset your PC (from Settings > Update & Security > Recovery) the progress percent would be written in the middle of the string rather than at the end.
- We fixed an issue when using Italian as your display language where the Yes button to confirm file deletion would sometimes disappear when trying to delete a OneDrive file via File Explorer.
- Thanks for everyone that’s shared feedback about naming the tabs you’ve set aside in Microsoft Edge. We’re evaluating the right approach for this feature and in the meantime, it has been removed from RS5 builds.
As always, this is a preview build and there are a number of known issues. Make sure to check out Microsoft’s full article to review all known issues, workarounds, and developer notes.