Microsoft today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview build 17744 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. This build doesn’t include any new features but does include a number of fixes and improvements. This comes after last week’s Insider preview build 17741 which included improved access to the Your Phone app and was the first official version of 1809. Here is a look at what’s new and changed in today’s build as we get closer to the official release of build 1809 expected in the coming weeks.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17744
- We fixed an issue that resulted in certain apps crashing when sending Timeline activities.
- We fixed an impactful race condition in recent flights resulting in Cortana crashing when launching tips and doing web searches.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the nearby sharing section of the Share UI not being visible for some users despite being enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the contents of the Microsoft Edge window becoming offset from its window frame.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the spellchecking menu appearing in the wrong place when you right-clicked on a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders using Windows 10 in S Mode recently resulting opening Word from a Word Online document not working.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator so when toggling a checkbox with a braille display and Narrator, the displayed state is now updated and the control information is maintained on the display.
If history is a guide, we should start seeing new builds come at a faster rate as we get closer to the official release of the final version of Windows 10 1809. The builds will include mostly fixes and tweaks. As always, this is a preview build and there are a number of known issues. Make sure to check out Microsoft’s full article to review all known issues, workarounds, and developer notes.