Microsoft today released Windows 10 19H1 preview build 18282 for Insiders in the Fast ring. Today’s release comes a couple weeks following preview build 18272 and contains some new features and other changes. Here is a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 19H1 Preview Build 18282
One of the main attractions in this build is a new Light Theme. Of course, Windows 10 currently has a Dark Theme and the company is looking to distinguish the difference between the two. In addition, the company is adding a new default wallpaper as well.
The modern printing experience is also being improved. The print dialog supports the new light theme. And there are a number of updated icons with your printing options interface.
This build also includes new improvements to the Snip & Sketch tool, the ability to pause Windows Update easier (shown below), more intelligent Active Hours settings, a change to Display brightness when switching to battery power, more Narrator improvements, and more.
In addition to the new features above here is a list of the other improvements and fixes in today’s build:
- We fixed an issue causing File Explorer to freeze when interacting with video files in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain x86 apps and games having blurry text rendering in the last few flights, where the text appeared to have a shadow.
- If you were seeing certain games launch to launch with an error citing unexpected kernel modification detected, please the games for available updates and let us know if you encounter further issues.
- When you hover over the navigation pane in Start, after a short period it will now automatically expand. This is something that a portion of Insiders have had for a little bit now, and after finding positive results we’re now rolling it out to all Insiders.
- We’re adding a shadow to Action Center, to match the shadow seen along the borders of our other taskbar flyouts.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users not being able to set Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or via Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the context menu not coming up when right-clicking an open app in Task View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard not working correctly when trying to type Chinese with the Bopomofo IME.
- We made some improvements in the Narrator and Chrome browser experience.
- Narrator Scan Mode will more reliability toggle off when a user reaches the Word Online canvas, making it easier to type.
- We fixed a race condition resulting in blue screens if your PC was set up to dual boot in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check / green screen on resume from hibernate.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Network button on the sign-in screen not working recently.
Remember that preview builds, especially ones this early, have bugs and known issues for developers and users. Make sure to read the full blog post to get all of the changes, known issues, and workarounds.