Amazon today held a hardware event where it announced tons of new devices. Here’s a look at the biggest announcements including new Alexa devices, their cost, and when available.
Amazon today held its annual hardware event where it announced a ton of new tech and Alexa-powered devices. The company already announced its new living room hardware with the updated Fire TV Cube, Soundbar, and TVs. And today, a lot more was announced. Here is a look at some of the biggest announcements regarding its new line of Alexa devices.
- Make any space a little smarter - This plug-in smart speaker lets you get help from Alexa in more places in your home.
- Alexa is always happy to help - Manage your day. Get instant information. Check weather and traffic on your way out.
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected...
- Immersive sound – Premium speaker drivers deliver crisp, dynamic audio. Bose Active Noise Reduction Technology and...
- Hands-free with Alexa – Echo Buds work with the Alexa app to stream music, play Audible audiobooks, make calls, or get...
- Access other assistants – Supports access to Siri or Google Assistant from a supported device—just press and hold...
- Our most popular smart speaker - Now available with an LED display that can show the time, outdoor temperature, or...
- Perfect for your nightstand - Ask Alexa to set an alarm. Tap the top to snooze. The light sensor automatically adjusts...
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. You can also...
- Alexa can show you more - With an 8" HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help manage your day at a glance.
- Connect with video calling and messaging - Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a...
- Be entertained - Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations,...
- Meet Echo - Echo (3rd Gen) has new premium speakers powered by Dolby to play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic...
- Enjoy premium sound - Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings. Pair with a second Echo...
- Voice control your music - Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora,...
- Immersive sound – 5 speakers produce powerful bass, dynamic midrange, and crisp highs. Dolby Atmos technology adds...
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, read the news, and answer questions.
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, and more. With Amazon...
Amazon.com Price updated on 2022-01-16 - We may earn a commission for purchases using our links: more info
Alexa-Compatible Smart Oven
At last year’s event, we saw the odd announcement of the Alexa-powered microwave. And the company this year is continuing with its way into the kitchen with the Amazon Smart Oven. It’s a 4-in-1 convection oven that does air frying, food drying, convection cooking, and microwave functionality. It doesn’t actually have a microphone and camera inside. But it is compatible with other Alexa-powered devices like your Echo.
The smart oven is available for preorder today and priced at $250, and will ship on November 14th.
All-New (3rd Gen) Echo
As expected, with a new product cycle comes a new Amazon Echo. The All-new Amazon Echo smart speaker includes new speakers powered by Dolby to play 360° audio. It includes features that are more in line with the more capable Echo Plus (think smart home controls). It also comes in new fabric design colors.
The 3rd Gen Echo is available for preorder now for $99.99 and will ship on October 16th.
Echo Dot with Clock
Amazon said the most frequently asked question by users is “what time is it?” so the new dot has a clock in it. The All-new 3rd Gen Echo Dot includes an LED display that can show time, outside temperature, and timers. And, like its big brother, it also comes in new fabric colors.
The new Echo Dot with LED clock is available for preorder now and ships on October 16th.
The Echo Flex is Amazon’s smallest Echo device. You plug it into a power outlet, and it contains a microphone for Alexa commands and queries. It also includes a USB charging port and an optional nightlight or motion sensor.
The Echo Flex is available for preorder today for $24.99 and ships on November 14th.
Echo Show 8
The Echo Show 8 is the latest in Amazon’s smart display line. It’s a new screen size option for customers that compliments the Echo Show 5 and larger Echo Show 10. It includes an HD display and privacy shutter for the video camera. It will offer a similar speaker performance to the full-sized Echo show with stereo sound.
The Echo Show 8 is available for preorder today for $129.99 and will ship on November 21st.
The Echo Studio is Amazon’s high-end audio version of its Alexa smart speaker. It includes five speakers, including three 2” midrange drivers, a 1” tweeter, and a 5.25” woofer. It features 3D audio support with Dolby Amos. And, the built-in Alexa mics will automatically calibrate based on the room you put it in.
The Echo Studio is available for preorder now for $199 and will ship on November 7th.
This is Amazon’s attempt at competing with Apple’s AirPods and similar earbuds but with Alexa. The Echo Buds feature dual armature drivers in each bud to produce balanced sound quality. They have active noise cancelation that’s accessible with a tap. And the company says they feature five hours of continuous battery life with up to 20 hours with the included case.
The earbuds are available for preorder today, priced at $129, and will ship on October 30th.
In addition to the Alexa devices listed above, Amazon also announced an “all-new eero” Wi-Fi mesh networking device, a new Ring indoor camera, a smart lamp for kids called the Echo Glow. The company also announced new Alexa tech, including a Guest Connect feature, Communication for Kids mode, multilingual mode, “frustration detection,” and celebrity voices. The celebrity voices will be $0.99 each, starting with Samuel L. Jackson.
Amazon Day 1 Edition Wearables
The company also announced how it wants to make Alexa your wearable assistant by putting the voice assistant into your eyeglasses. Unlike Google Glass, there is no camera or display, just microphones and a speaker. The product is called Echo Frames, which is experimental and will be sold in a limited number. The Alexa-enabled frames will retail for $179.99.
In addition to the “smart frames,” the company is rolling out the Echo Loop so you can bring Alexa with you on your hand. It’s an oversized ring that slips on your finger and contains a microphone and a small speaker. It will cost $129.99.
These are limited edition devices and are available on an invite-only basis. They will be available later this year.