How to Send Feedback About Outlook.com To Microsoft

There is no doubt the new revamped Outlook.com has received good response from internet users. Not only can you rename your @hotmail account to Outlook.com account, but you can add other email services to Outlook.com as well. You can even create aliases if you want to conceal your original email address for privacy purposes.

But sometimes you might find bugs in the new email service. And the best way to let Microsoft know is by sending feedback to the company. It doesn’t have to be about bugs or problems either, you can also send suggestions to improve the service, or what you like about it.

Log in to your Outlook.com account, click Settings (gear icon) and select Feedback.

Outlook Feedback 1

It will load the form and present you with three options to choose from: What you like, if there’s bugs and ways to improve the service. Select what you want to tell tell the company and click Next.

Outlook Feedback 8

Here I selected to tell them what I like about the service. Just add your comments, enter the email address where you want Microsoft to contact you regarding your feedback and click Submit.

Outlook Feedback 3

And it will show you a confirmation message once the feedback is sent.

, ,

19 Responses to How to Send Feedback About Outlook.com To Microsoft

1. Annie Couture February 24, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

I HATE Outlook. I got there by accident. What a bad luck! This is the worst electronic mail system I have ever used. It’s awfull when it functions, and on top of it, it freezes constantly and then I must log out and log in again in order to be able to enter into my email messages. I don’t know who designed this piece of shit but it’s a total nightmare.

I hate everything in this concept and I just want to go back to hotmail. How can I do that? So far I seem to be prevented from going back to hotmail.

In about a week from now, if I am still unable to go back to hotmail, I intend to close my account and go with Gmail. I am fed up!

• James Merring January 2, 2014 at 10:19 am #

I agree that Outlook is TERRIBLE. I have been fighting for a couple months with my contacts from ATT.net. Supposedly, if you send email to my att.net, it supposedly sides over to Outlook.com. This is an example of change only for the sake of change. Ever time MSN gives out an INPROVEMENT, I have months of trouble getting it integrated. I WANT TO UNMERGE ATT.NET FROM OUTLOOK.COM. IF anyone reads this and knows the answer (windows 7- 64 bit), please send it to me at jmerring
      @outlook.com. Thanks for any help. MSN…PAY ATTENTION

2. Al March 5, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

I took your suggested route to send ‘feedback’ …. only to be stunned/dismayed, that NO record of this sent email, actually appears in my ‘sent messages’ box. Wtf ! So, I have no evidence of sending it, nor a record of what I said to them!

Drab appearance of the new ‘Outlook’ to one side, my main beef is that I now have to use the scroll bar to scroll down my folders in the ‘Inbox’ view, where previously, I’m pretty sure, I could see ALL those folders that I have new messages diverted to, visible at a glance (more compact/better use of screen space). Now, thanks to this ‘progress’ … I have to keep scrolling down to see if there’s a message from someone later than about halfway in the alphabet ! Pure ‘genius’ (not !).

3. Mike Perry March 14, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Sadly, this information is now out of date. As of 14th March 2013 you CAN’T revert back to Hotmail!
    To my view, I think they’ve taken the wrong approach. They seem to think that what works on a smart phone works on a desktop or laptop. It does NOT!
    To me, this looks like toys for kiddies and not a serious business standard application.
    As they are now forcing (foisting) this new silliness on every hotmail user I have reverted to Outlook 2007 with Hotmail connector in the hope they don’t ruin that as well. It doesn’t work perfectly but is far better and more user-friendly than outlook.com and it’s mindless GUI that is hard to see properly on a large screen!

4. Abbas March 15, 2013 at 11:52 am #

It’s all wrong & completely unprofessional.

1. It’s forced. It’s not customer friendly. I do not want it, never did. I want convert it to the previous look
    2.They stole my Facebook pic & attached it to all outgoing emails. It’s not only wrong – it’s probably illegal. I do not want email my any pic with each & every email.
    3.there is less space for email. But more advertisements (including MSN’s unwanted features)
    4.GUI became much less intuitive – not user friendly

and many more unprofessional details…

5. Richard April 11, 2013 at 11:55 am #

Outlook sucks…… To forward an email you have to click on ‘actions’… Why isn’t ‘forward’ at the top with the other actions?? Then if you want to BCC that email, you have to click on CC/BCC,, it opens to CC, then yo have to click below that to open up BCC. Now there’s a very small box where only one of your contacts comes up at a time including any other addresses you may have responded to who are not contacts. Also, a large open space remains on the right side & serves no purpose. It would expand your email page if it were gone. And, I have tried for a week to provide feedback by clicking on the gear icon, & it says that feedback is not available. & Why know damn available icon for all a person’s contacts, as with hotmail..

Overall, this is a very poor choice…..very poor!! Hotmail was far more ‘user friendly’ than this pile of crap we must deal with now. ‘Someone’ did not have their shit together when designing this mess. Suggest you go back to the drawing board, or return to hotmail.

6. Amrit April 21, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

I hate outlook, whenever I log in and I’m writing an email to my friend, it always freezes, it’s so annoying, I have to keep reloading the page and even that doesn’t work!! I’m going to delete my account because it is so annoying!

7. RICHARD RALPH ROEHL May 6, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

I had (and maybe still have) a Hotmail account to augment my primary account at Yahoo and Gmail. The account (now called outlook express) was also used for testing e-mail problems with Yahoo and Gmail. Recently I synced the account with a Samsung Note ll smart phone. Everything more or less worked well until I got a request saying a relog was required.

Nothing has worked since. Confusion reigns supreme. Can’t access account properly. Tried changing password; tried changing back to original password.

Let me give the jerks some common sense advice regarding my old hotmail account. IF IT AIN’T BROKE, DON’T PHUKIN’ FIX IT. Guess I’m done with Outlook. Too many glitches; too many restrictions and requirements for logging on.

8. Larry Smith June 29, 2013 at 7:32 am #

I love where Microsoft is trying to go with their unified user experience. Like most on this list, I have a complaint, so be sure to read the whole response before you write a nasty reply about the kudos I first give to Microsoft.
    I am a human factors engineer (Psychology of human perception and CS), and I am a GUI developer; what Microsoft has done with its latest version is revolutionary. Neither Google, Apple, or any Linux distro, which I traditionally use, has attempted what Microsoft is doing. As with any change, which humans can’t handle very well — especially older humans who are set in their ways — there is a learning curve. With this Graphical User Interface (GUI) roll out, the learning curve is very steep (EASY), despite the largest functional usability changes that have occurred in a single product since the move from the command line to the ‘desktop’ (30 years). Making such a large change to the user experience is the largest challenge any software company will ever experience, because, again, humans over the age of 3 are stupid, and can’t adapt or learn new things. Despite this, the learning curve is steep (easy after a little effort), which means Microsoft did its human factors research.
    You may be thinking to yourself, “the changes aren’t that huge.” If so, have a second look, without going to the desktop application, which is only there as a crutch, because Microsoft knows humans can’t handle change. The difference between the Windows 7 GUI and Windows 8 GUI (4 years) is larger than the difference between Windows 3.1 and Windows 7 (25 years). There is no ‘start menu’, there is no ‘desktop’, there are no ‘files’, there are no ‘folders’. Why? Because those analogies no longer exist in the physical human environment like they did 30 years ago. How many people use a filing cabinet more than they use their cell phone? How many people use a ‘desktop’ more than they use their computer? The only reason a ‘desktop’, ‘folders’, and ‘files’ exist in any computer user interface is because people 30 years ago used to have these things in their natural environment. Therefore, if you are whining with comments like, “IF IT AIN’T BROKE, DON’T PHUKIN’ FIX IT”, then you should try driving a 1920’s Ford Model T to work on the freeway tomorrow; they “AIN’T BROKE”. Yes, there is a difference between “broken” and antiquated. The ‘desktop’, ‘folders’, and ‘files’ of the legacy Windows UIs (and Apple) are antiquated. Therefore, if you are complaining about the User Interface being “broke”, then you need to take a look in the mirror; you may not be broken (dead), but you are probably antiquated (not useful any longer). You know what I am talking about. Remember when you were in your early 20’s complaining about how your boss doesn’t know how to send email; that is now you.
    Now, I’ve said all the good things I can about Microsoft’s recent changes to their products. However, there is one thing about Microsoft that has not changed, that is their Public Relations. As many have commented about on this list, there are glitches and bugs. This is to be expected, when something very new and different is released, and it would be acceptable if Microsoft was just a little bit responsive. To the contrary, Microsoft is beyond unresponsive. They don’t respond at all to user inquires and feedback, neither with physical communication response, nor action (fixing the glitches quickly [weeks rather than months/years].
    As you can tell I am very through, and I put a great deal of thought into how things can be improved. I am what Communications and Marketing Teams love. I am maven. Yet, desite having sent upwards of a thousand messages with thoughtful and positive feedback to various Microsoft Product teams (phone, browser, Xbox, Surface, Outlook.com, and Windows), I have never (REALLY NEVER) received a response from a human.
    That is why I am here writing, because there are no REAL avenues for feedback to Microsoft. The ‘feedback’ link, to which the author of this post refers, is a black hole, so don’t waste your time.
    This is the latest feedback I tried to send Microsoft in response to an email they have sent me three times (I, of course, have not received a response):
    ——————-
    From: Microsoft Team

Microsoft account
    Account linking will soon be discontinued
    To help increase account security, the option to link multiple accounts will be discontinued.
    Your accounts will remain unchanged, but to switch between them, you’ll need to sign out of one and sign into the other. Also, the account menu in the upper right of Outlook.com will no longer list your multiple accounts.
    Would you like to send and receive all your mail from all your accounts in one place?
    If so, see Send and receive email from other accounts in Outlook.com.
    Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team

————————-

(My Reply to Microsoft Account Security)

I sent you feedback about putting the cart before the horse on this issue. the “Send and receive” option that your email below refers to as an alternative option is not (and annoyingly has never been) an option for accounts that are linkable. See screenshot:
    (oh, it is attached, because when I click on the “Insert -> Pictures inline” option on the Outlook.com email menu it gives the message, “We’re still getting set up. Please try again.”)
    What’s the deal? I’ve promoting the coming out of all your new stuff (I have a 3 surface Pros, and 2 windows phones, and moved from gmail to outlook.com), and telling people there are quirks that need ironing out, but you are making it really difficult to continue supporting your new push because you are so slow and unresponsive to functional requests.
    I’ve been waiting for the amazing to happen for over 18 months.
    Sincerely losing patience,

Ryan
    P.S. I get the same message “We’re still getting set up. Please try again.” when I go to “Insert -> Files as attachments”. Seriously? You are now not even to attach things to emails???” Also, nothing happens when I use “Share from SkyDrive”. You guys are in really blowing it.
    Here is a link to the image http://www.rymoo.com/Outlook_Screenshot.png

9. BT. July 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm #

If your browser does not permit sending forms then you cannot submit a feedback message to Outlook. Just another one of the countless poor design choices built into this product. It has so many flaws it looks like the first draft of code before any debugging. The GUI is just awful too. Before opening a mail item, you get to guess at what the subject line says if you use an older monitor; it truncates it way too short and there’s no popup balloon either – nope, didn’t think of that did yah Outlook during all that testing and customer input.

Email, a 40++ year staple of the internet is being rendered useless to anyone with an old computer: poor use of screen space; too demanding of memory; unnecessary and extraneous bandwidth activity. Just awful. Yahoo’s interface is a bit better but you’ll have to work fast between the times when it grinds your computer down to useless in its relentless drive to push more ads.

10. judylynn August 14, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Just like so many others today,especially those of us “out of work ” and depending on our emails to get & make contacts ??? This drama with outlook NOT working again today & here it is 12:45pm is unacceptable! I will be switching to gmail & I will NEVER, EVER have anything to do with MICROSOFT again, you people are like dictaters,demanding & forcing people to change, your NOT a monoploy ANYMORE! and you are putting yourselves right out of business cause in todays world/economy YOUR NOT working!!!!!!! NOT only have I had to hear all the complaints today from friends and family who not only are out of work BUT have NO MONEY coming in & depend on there email account, I have had to deal with personal issues NOW I can;t communicate,this will NOT happen to me again “outlook ” is a joke! Should of left “hotmail” alone IT WAS USER FRIENDLY.OUTLOOK NEVER HAS BEEN!

11. LMB August 21, 2013 at 8:19 am #

I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness. I actually like outlook.com. I have switched to a desktop PC with Windows 8 from a laptop PC with Windows 7 and stand alone Outlook through sbcglobal email (which merged with Yahoo), and I find outlook.com is much easier to use. I like that you can delete an email from your Inbox by clicking on the trashcan – one click – instead of having to click a check-box then moving to delete. I like that I can add categories. The ads are gone – unlike gmail. I like that it associates related email on my phone so I can read the entire thread without having to go through multiple email.

12. Todd Herderick August 21, 2013 at 11:42 am #

First off, I understand security and am an IT Professional. With that said, the fact that I am required to create a new password anytime I reset it, is ridiculous. Strong Passwords should be and are required, but the fact that I can’t use even two or 3 different passwords (I’ve used before) is stupid! This stupidity is magnified when I already have to use a CAPTCHA to reset it. YAHOO has seemed to follow suit with this hyper-security sensitivity to the point of madness. With all of the applications out there that require passwords and most of them going to this model, the developers and security gurus, have basically hi-jacked what they are trying to protect. I now have to write my passwords down or put them as a text file on my computer. So I ask you, which is worse a bunch of passwords written down, where anyone can walk by my desk and pick up them up, or someone steals a computer (not secure) and grabs the .doc (.txt) file, named passwords, and logs in.

• SSGT Hackett March 11, 2014 at 8:53 am #

Amen! Let the user decide the level of security the USER wants: not what the provider demands. I do not need a babysitter. I do not need high security. Let ME decide how “safe” I want to be.

13. Charles Charpentier September 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm #

Since the new hotmail took over I have a load of junk mail daily….With all you people, can’t anyone come up with a way of redirecting all this CRAP!!!! Now I have 500 block senders and the only way to add more….I have to release more in order to make room <> this only means that there will now be more room for more junk
    Cant you do better than that?

• Steve Krause September 15, 2013 at 9:20 pm #

I really wish I did Charles…. one option might be to send email first to GMAIl then forward it over to your hotmail account so that way it is scanned by two engines. I should write that one up….

but no, SPAM is just a pain and it’s almost impossible for any SPAM blocker to catch all of it. Drives me crazy as well!

14. SSGT Hackett March 11, 2014 at 8:51 am #

This would be great if I WERE ABLE TO ACCESS MY ACCOUNT! Unfortunately, gates with his nanny-state needs has blocked my access until I prove my identity by providing a SECOND email address. Why? I have had the account over a decade and I do not need microsoft to babysit me in case I forget the password!

Does anyone know how to leave feedback for microsoft outside of logging into my email account?

15. Liss J June 22, 2014 at 4:47 pm #

I agree with everyone above…I hate that Outlook.com took over Live email. I HATE IT!! Maybe they should have sent all users a prototype of it before hand so we could say what we liked and didn’t like. I liked the fact that it was different than everyone else. I may have to swtich to q.com or something now. I’ve got a lot of work to do.

16. Liss J June 22, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

And just for the record Larry Smith. We aren’t “stupid”, we just know what we like and don’t like and what we want to deal w/ on a daily basis.