Microsoft today released Windows 10 build 17758 to Insiders in the Fast ring. There are no new features but there is a list of fixes and improvements.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview review build 17758 to Insiders in the fast ring. This build comes on the heels of build 17755 which was the second of two new builds released to Insiders last week. There are no new features to report, but there are a few new changes and general fixes.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17758
In today’s announcement, Microsoft points out there are some new improvements for Storage Sense including making OneDrive files on-demand only. And here is a look at the other new changes to expect in today’s build:
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe crashing recently when clicking on the “Import photos and videos” option from an autoplay notification.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- [UPDATED] We fixed several bugs causing text clipping issues when you use “Make text bigger” setting in Ease of Access.
Of course, as with all preview builds, there are a few known issues and workarounds, too. Make sure to read the full release notes for all the details. If you are an Insider, let us know how this latest RS5 builds are (or aren’t) working on your test systems.