Microsoft continues to inch closer to the final release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update with a new Redstone 5 Insider release today.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview review build 17754 to Insiders in the fast ring. There are no new features to report in this latest build, but there are plenty of fixes and improvements to note as we get closer to the next major feature update which is expected this fall. This comes after last week’s build 17751 where the company announced its official name will be Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17754
Here is a look at the announced list of changes, improvements, and fixes for this latest Windows 10 Redstone 5 build:
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in reduced Action Center reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where if you opened one of the taskbar flyouts (like network or volume), and then quickly tried to open another, it wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue for people with multiple monitors where if the Open or Save Dialog was moved between monitors some elements might become unexpectedly tiny.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing recently when setting focus to the in-app search box.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain games, like League of Legends, not launching/connecting properly in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where clicking on web links in PWAs such as Twitter didn’t open the browser.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain PWAs not rendering correctly after the app had been suspended then resumed.
- We fixed an issue where pasting multi-line text into certain websites using Microsoft Edge might add unexpected empty lines between each line.
- We fixed a crash in recent flights when using the pen to ink in Microsoft Edge’s web notes.
- We fixed a high hitting Task Manager crash in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing for Insiders with multiple monitors when changing various options under Display Settings in the last few flights.
- We fixed a crash when clicking the Verify link on the Accounts Settings page in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where the contents of the Apps & Features page wouldn’t load until the apps list was ready, resulting in the page appearing blank for a time.
- We fixed an issue where the list on Settings of built-in phrases for the Pinyin IME was blank.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator where activating Microsoft Edge history items would not work in Scan mode.
- We made some improvements in Narrator Selection when moving forward in Microsoft Edge. Please try this out and use the Feedback hub app to let us know any issues you encounter.
As with all preview builds, there are a few known issues and workarounds, too. Make sure to read the full release notes for all the details. If you’re an Insider, let us know how these latest RS5 builds are (or aren’t) working on your testing systems.