Microsoft today is rolling out Windows 10 20H1 Insider preview build 18985 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This comes on the heels of last week’s build 18980 which included changes to Cortana and WSL support for ARM64. Today’s build doesn’t offer much in the way of new features but does include improvements to Bluetooth and the update experience. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 20H1 Insider Build 18985
This latest build includes an improved and streamlined Bluetooth pairing experience for supported devices. If a device is nearby you’ll get a notification to start pairing. This is instead of going through all the screens in Bluetooth Settings.
Microsoft is improving the optional update experience, too. Head to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View optional updates where you will see updates for drivers, non-security quality updates, and drivers.
The company is also rolling out an updated version of the Snip & Sketch app which was first introduced to a small number of Insiders with build 18950 to 100% of Insiders in the Release Preview ring and a small percentage of retail builds.
In addition to the improvements listed above, here is the list of what else has been fixed in today’s build:
- We fixed an issue where adding a new Language Pack reported successful installation but was not installed.
- We fixed an issue impacting the reliability of Settings when accessing the Network & Internet section.
- We fixed an issue that could result in printer entries not displaying properly for non-admin accounts—the text overlapping, and not being clickable.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing an unexpectedly high temperature for certain GPUs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manger unexpectedly showing 0% CPU usage in the Performance tab.
- We fixed an issue where the setting that enables Microsoft accounts on your device to go Passwordless (by requiring Windows Hello sign in and hiding the password option from the lock screen) was showing for local account users. Now the setting will only show for Microsoft account users.
- We fixed an issue with the Reset this PC cloud download option not calculating the correct amount of space you needed to free up if you did not have enough disk space to proceed.
- We fixed an issue with the Reset this PC cloud download option not working when specific optional features were installed.
- At this time, we’re removing our known issue about Realtek SD card readers. If you are still encountering issues with any SD cards, please take a moment to check for driver updates, and file feedback if that does not resolve it for you.
Remember that Windows 10 20H1 is an Insider build that will include the feature the updates we expect to see next Spring. Microsoft announced that build 19H2 will basically be a service pack which is expected in the coming weeks.
With Insider builds you can expect a lot of bugs and other issues for both users and developers alike. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issues, and workarounds.