It’s Patch Tuesday and Microsoft today is rolling out cumulative update KB4338819 for Windows 10 1803 April Update. There are no new updates to report but it does include security patches and other system improvements. It will also bump your build number to 17134.165. Here is a look at what you can expect with today’s update for Windows 10 1803.
Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4338819
Here’s the list of fixes and improvements included in this latest patch for Windows 10 1803:
- Improves the ability of the Universal CRT Ctype family of functions to correctly handle EOF as valid input.
- Enables debugging of WebView content in UWP apps using the Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview app that’s available in the Microsoft Store.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the Mitigation Options Group Policy client-side extension to fail during GPO processing. The error message is “Windows failed to apply the MitigationOptions settings. MitigationOptions settings might have its own log file” or “ProcessGPOList: Extension MitigationOptions returned 0xea.” This issue occurs when Mitigation Options has been defined either manually or by Group Policy on a machine using Windows Defender Security Center or the PowerShell Set-ProcessMitigation cmdlet.
- Evaluates the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows apps, Windows graphics, Windows datacenter networking, Windows wireless networking, Windows virtualization, Windows kernel, and Windows Server.
You should get this update automatically over the next couple days, or, if you want to stay on top of things, head to Settings > Update & security > Windows update or manually download KB4338819 here. After restarting your system, hit the Windows key and type: winver and hit Enter. You will see your version has been bumped to Build 17134.165.
Note that if you’re still holding off on updating to the April 2018 Update, there is new cumulative update KB4338825 for version 1709 that you can manually download here. Of course, since it’s Patch Tuesday, all other supported versions of Windows and Server received updates today, too.