Do you have an important notice or reminder that you want to display each time you log into your PC? Or perhaps you want to pull a groovy prank on one of your less tech-savvy peers. Either way, with this groovy registry tip you’ll be able to set your very own customized startup message on any Windows 7 PC.
How To Display A Start Up Message Each Time Windows 7 Is Logged Into
1. Click the Windows Start Menu Orb, Type regedit into the search box, and Press Enter.
2. Browse to the following registry key:
Once there, Double-Click legalnoticecaption to modify it.
3. In the value data, Type in the title of your message. Click OK once finished.
4. Now just below, Double-Click legalnoticetext to modify it.
5. In the value data for this item, Type in the body of your message. Click OK once finished.
You’re all done! You can go ahead and exit regedit and the next time you logoff or restart your computer you’ll see the new startup message before you log in.