How to Install the Fonts You Want in Windows 10

Windows comes preloaded with a lot of stylish fonts, but they might not be what you are looking for. Thankfully Windows 10 makes it easy to install any font you desire. Here’s a look at how to install them.

How to Install Fonts in Windows 10

Once you have your font downloaded (these are often .ttf files) and available, just right-click it and click Install. That’s it! I know, uneventful.

Install Font

To check if the font is installed, press Windows key+Q then type: fonts then hit Enter on your keyboard.

open fonts

You should see your fonts listed in the Font Control Panel.

Fonts Control Panel

If you don’t see it and have a ton of them installed, just type in its name in the search box to find it.

find font

That’s all there is to it. Now you can create stylish and unique documents with some of your favorite fonts not included in Windows 10 by default.

test out

If you’re not on Windows 10 yet, check out our article on how to install fonts on Windows 8.1.

If you’re a graphics design enthusiast, before downloading a font, be sure to check out our article about the best and worst fonts for homemade designs.

7 Responses to How to Install the Fonts You Want in Windows 10

1. John Eggart December 16, 2015 at 6:23 pm #

Are you able to temporarily install a font to windows 10 to use for a specific purpose then place it in another file when not using the font like one could in earlier versions of windows? I have use the program AMP font viewer to temporarily install fonts then store fonts so as not to have as many permanently installed fonts so as to slow the programs down.

• luis May 17, 2016 at 10:32 pm #

kiero Windows 10

2. Reynaldo A. Martinez March 7, 2016 at 12:40 pm #

I have fonts that I see in my Outlook but I don’t have access to it in certain other programs, specifically a graphic program and I need to see how I can get all my fonts to be usable across the softwares I utilize. When I do a search I don’t see the font in my PC but it does show up in an email that I received from a client.

3. ufont March 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm #

Hi, Users may also install fonts onto the computer by opening the Fonts folder through Windows Explorer. Usually, this folder is either C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT\FONTS. Once this folder is open, select the fonts you want to install from an alternate folder, and then copy and paste them into the Fonts folder. Have fun!

4. LGrace August 9, 2016 at 1:52 pm #

This was extremely helpful. Thanks!

5. packmaam August 13, 2016 at 10:27 am #

Hi, I have downloaded and installed several font families of a typeface (Bold, Thin, Italic, etc.). They are visible in the Fonts folder as sub-folders of one style of the family. However, the sub-folder styles are not visible or usable in Word or Excel. I am using WINDOWS 10. How can I make the entire group of font families usable in the Windows apps? Thanks for the help.

6. ps October 22, 2016 at 9:59 am #

I did the same steps and it does not me to install.. I searched also but its not installed