Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17763
Microsoft continues to move forward with the next major feature update for Windows 10 with a new Redstone 5 release for Insiders.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview review build 17763 to Insiders in the Fast ring. After a busy week of updates last week for a stable and preview release, Microsoft continues to move forward with the next release. There are no new features in this build but there are plenty of fixes and improvements. Here is a look at what you can expect in today’s new build as we inch closer to the final release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update in the coming weeks.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17763
Here is the list of fixes, changes, and improvements for this latest build:
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- We fixed an issue where touching a Flash element in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could result in the tab crashing.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn’t play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn’t displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in display scaling factors not being applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full screen remote desktop window on a monitor set to certain display scalings.
Unlike the previous release, build 17760, there are a few known issues with this one. Make sure to read the full release notes for all the updates, known issues, and workarounds. If you are an Insider, let us know how these latest RS5 builds are (or aren’t) working on your test systems.