Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 build 21370 to Insiders in the Dev Channel. Here is a look at what’s new and what you can expect.
Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 preview build 21370 to Insiders in the Dev Channel. This release follows up build 21364. That release included improvements to WSL and Task Manager. Today’s build includes improvements to the Bluetooth audio experience and a number of fixes and improvements. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 Build 21370
One of the new features in this build includes an improvement to Bluetooth audio. “Over the past several months, we have been adding new features to make Bluetooth audio streaming easier, better, and more performant,” write Microsoft execs Amanda Langowksi and Brandon LeBlanc. There is now a unified audio endpoint as well as support for AAC audio files.
Here is the list of changes and improvements in this release:
- We’ve made some small adjustments to the icons in File Explorer’s address bar.
- We’ve improved the touch keyboard launch animation to make it smoother in cases where UWP apps reflow when it appears.
- We made a change so that if you set focus to the Run dialog, the touch keyboard will now show a backslash (\) key.
And this is the list of fixes to expect in today’s latest build:
- [News and interests] We fixed an issue where hovering over the news and interests button sometimes may not open the flyout.
- [News and interests] We fixed an issue where the news and interests flyout may get stuck displaying the loading spinning dots.
- [News and interests] We made some explorer.exe reliability and performance improvements.
- [News and interests] We fixed an issue where news and interests may sometimes briefly appear on the taskbar if the taskbar is aligned to the top.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing error 0x80092004 when installing KB5001030 – 2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 after updating to the previous build.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Insiders seeing error 0x80070005 when installing framework updates.
- We fixed an explorer.exe crash in the previous flight that could result in issues with the login screen and logging in after resuming from sleep.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugchecks with a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator wasn’t announcing the error message on the login screen after entering the wrong password multiple times.
- We fixed an issue resulting in broken characters appearing in text across Settings.
- We fixed an issue in the last couple flights resulting in Cortana not launching from the taskbar after clicking the icon.
- We fixed an issue impacting mouse input on the dual boot screen.
- We fixed translation issues in the –help text in the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- We fixed OS upgrades creating copies of libdxcore.so and other files when using the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- We fixed two issues impacting conhost.exe reliability.
- We fixed two issues preventing some USB printer drivers from initializing correctly.
- We fixed an issue where if you sent the VK_HOME virtual key code while the Japanese IME was active and numlock was on, unexpected 7 would be input.
- We fixed an issue where the Japanese 50-on touch keyboard layout wasn’t inserting full-width space characters correctly when it was in the Shift state.
- We fixed an issue where the Chinese Pinyin IME was inserting a placeholder string if you selected a cloud candidate while the cloud candidate entry was still loading.
Remember that Insider builds are meant for coders, IT admins, and Windows 10 enthusiasts who want to test new features and submit feedback to Microsoft.
These builds are not meant for inexperienced users. They are also not meant to run on your primary production machine. Insider builds contain many known stability issues that can cause your system to become unstable or even crash.
For more on this build’s full list of changes, known issues, and workarounds make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post.