Microsoft released the second new Insider preview build of the week today with Windows 10 19H1 18353. Here is a look at what you can expect.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 19H1 preview build 18353 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This is the second Insider build of the week and comes on the heels of build 18351 which rolled out on Tuesday. Like the previous versions, there are no new features to report but it does include more changes and overall improvements. Here is a look at what you can expect with today’s latest build.
Windows 10 19H1 Preview Build 18353
Here is the list of improvements and fixes you can expect with today’s latest build:
- We’ve enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things will improve several accessibility scenarios.
- We’ve added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- We’ve fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- We’ve enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
- We’ve enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out an update later today. To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
As new builds are pushed out at a rapid pace, it means we’re closer to the final version of the next feature update 1903. But remember, as will all preview builds, there are still plenty of known issues for users and developers alike. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issue, and workarounds for this build.