Check all your emails in one spot. You can manage more than just Gmail from your inbox, connect your other accounts and you’re set!
A lot of people have several email accounts. However, it’s time-consuming to check every email account one by one. If you use Gmail, you can easily manage multiple email accounts in one spot. You simply connect your other accounts, whether Yahoo, Outlook, or similar, and then view all emails at once in your inbox.
How to Connect an Email Account in Gmail on the Web
Head to the Gmail website and sign in if necessary. Then, follow these steps to connect your email account.
- Click the gear icon at the top and choose See all settings in the sidebar.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Go down to “Check mail from other accounts” and click Add a mail account.
- In the pop-up window, enter the email address from your other account and click Next.
- In the subsequent window, you should see a statement that you can either import emails or link the accounts with Gmailify. Select Link accounts with Gmailify. Click Next, or Sign In and follow the prompts depending on the account.
- You should receive a confirmation that your account has been successfully linked. Click Close.
If you are having trouble connecting your other email account, make note of this statement from Google:
Important: If your other email account doesn’t support secure connections, you won’t be able to connect.
Manage Emails From Other Accounts in Gmail Online
Emails from your connected account will appear in your inbox like any email to your Gmail address. If you’d like to better organize your inbox to accommodate the additional emails you’ll receive, you have a couple of easy options.
Set Up Multiple Inboxes
One option is to set up multiple inboxes in Gmail. With this feature, your inbox is divided into sections which allow you to have sections for each email address if you like.
Set Up a Filter
Another great way to go is to create a filter in Gmail. This lets you have all incoming emails to that other email account be marked, labeled, or categorized.
How to Connect an Email Account in Gmail on Mobile
You can also connect to another email account in the Gmail mobile app. This makes it convenient to see emails from various accounts on the go.
- Open the Gmail app on your Android device or iPhone.
- Tap your profile icon on the top right and select Add another account.
- Choose the provider for your account. You’ll see the most common options like iCloud, Outlook, and Yahoo.
- Follow the prompts to sign in and enter your password, depending on the type of account.
Emails from your connected accounts appear in their own section in the Gmail app. Simply tap your profile icon on the top right and select the account you want to view. This keeps your inbox organized by tucking away the emails in the account section they belong.
All Your Emails in One Gmail Spot
Connecting another email account in Gmail is a great way to minimize the places you have to visit for your emails. Just open Gmail and see them all!