If you no longer need a channel on your Roku device or want to clean up the UI, delete it. This guide will show you how.
Are you a Roku owner with too many channels on your home screen?
Too many channels mean more to scroll through. More scrolling means it’ll take you even longer to start watching your favorite TV show or movie.
There’s a simple fix, however. You can customize the Roku interface and quickly delete channels on Roku that you don’t watch. You can always restore them later.
Cleaning up your channels list is a simple process but it can take a few minutes. If you want to know how to delete channels on Roku, follow this guide.
How to Delete Channels on Roku
If you no longer watch installed channels on your Roku anymore, you can delete them and declutter the Channels list.
To delete channels on Roku:
- Press the Home button on the Roku remote to display the main Roku interface.
- Use the arrow buttons to find and highlight the channel you want to remove.
- Press the Star button on the Roku remote after highlighting the channel.
- Select Remove channel from the sub-menu that appears on the screen.
- Choose the Remove option when the verification message appears.
The channel will be removed from your device, and its icon will no longer display on the screen. The steps above are how to delete channels on Roku, whether free or not.
How to Cancel Roku Channel Subscriptions
If you have an active subscription to a channel, however, you’ll need to cancel it first. You can’t delete a Roku channel with an active subscription.
To check and cancel channel subscriptions on Roku:
- Launch a web browser on your computer or phone and navigate to the Roku website.
- Sign in if you aren’t already and open the My account section.
- Click the Manage your subscriptions link under the Manage account section on the page.
- Your current subscriptions will be shown under the Active Subscriptions section. Unsubscribe to any channel you no longer need and want to delete.
After unsubscribing to the channel you no longer want, you can delete it using the steps in the first section of the article.
How to Delete Channels Using the Roku App
Another method to delete channels is by using the Roku app for Android or iOS.
Use the following steps to delete channels via the Roku app:
- Launch the Roku app on your phone and select Devices in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Choose your Roku device from the list.
- When the Roku connects, a menu will appear below your device–tap the Channels icon.
- Ensure you select the Channel tab at the top of the screen.
- Tap and hold the channel you want to remove. When the channel page opens, tap the Remove Channel button.
- Tap the Remove button on the verification message.
- You’ll see a brief progress screen while the channel is deleted from your Roku device.
Deleting Channels on Roku
If you want to delete a channel on Roku, the steps above are straightforward to follow. Deleting Roku channels you don’t watch will you a cleaner, easier-to-navigate user interface on your TV.
The main thing to remember is you need to be unsubscribed to a channel to delete it. Free apps don’t require any additional steps, however.
When it comes to Roku channels, there are several good ones out there. In addition to the standard fare like Hulu, Disney+, and Netflix, you can get Apple TV+ on Roku. If you’re a gaming fan, you might be interested in how to watch Twitch on Roku.