Check Out This Newton Mail App Black Friday Deal: 50% Off Membership
Newton gives you email read receipts, undo send, email snooze, and more. For Black Friday, Newton is offering 50% off of all memberships. Existing members can lock in this discount for life. Check it out!
Hey, everyone! You might recall that we did a giveaway for the Newton mail app, a relaunch of the popular CloudMagic email app. I’ve been using it on my iPhone for several months, and I’m still using it daily. For those of you who entered but didn’t win our year-long Newton membership giveaway, I’ve got good news.
Newton is running a Black Friday special on their memberships. The folks at Newton dropped me a line and told me this:
I’ve some exciting news to share! We’re giving away Newton at a 50% discount during Thanksgiving week.
From Nov 23 to Nov 29, one can subscribe to Newton at $24.99/yr; that’s $2/mo.
They actually really included that money tongue emoji in the message, too. So, now I know that exists…
Update: When I first heard about the promotion, it was going to be available for life. It looks like the offer has changed and is only available for one year. Also, I was mistaken before when I had said existing subscribers could lock in the new price. It is only available to first-time subscribers.
If you are an existing Newton user, you can get the 50% discount, too. If you’ve never used the app before, you can give it a whirl with the 14-day free trial. Just be sure you snag the deal before November 29 to get 50% off for life.
Anyway, for those who missed my earlier review, the reasons you’re going to want to give Newton a try are:
- Email read receipts. This works for all the email providers that Newton supports: Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo!, Hotmail, Outlook.com, iCloud, Office 365, and other clients via IMAP.
- Email snooze. Choose presets or custom times for your emails to reappear. You can even snooze it to your Newton desktop app for Mac.
- Undo send. In case you have instant regret after hitting send.
- Super fast and responsive. For years, I refused to use anything but the native Mail app in iOS and then grudgingly switch to the Gmail app (because I had to, for push). I’m happy to report that Newton actually feels faster than the native Mail app and Gmail app. It looks great, too—they actually won a Webby Award for Best Visual Design in productivity apps.
Those are the reasons I keep using Newton. The Newton guys told me about some new features that are slated for the next release (tentative release Nov. 28):
- Yahoo! OAuth support has already been added for those of you who haven’t fled from Yahoo! over security concerns already.
- Two-factor authentication for Newton logins is coming soon.
- Per-recipient read receipt tracking coming soon.
- Optional read receipt disabling is coming soon.
Check Newton out if you haven’t yet–and let me know what you think!
How do existing Newton users get in on the discounted price? I can’t figure that out…
Hey Allen – Sorry for the confusion. I talked to the Newton crew and they clarified it’s only for new subscribers and the discount is not a lifetime discount. I updated the post.