How To Forward Calls With Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon AT&T

call forwarding on any phoneWe’ve posted a tutorial on how to forward calls on an iPhone, so we thought we’d share how to do it with all mobile phones as well as how to set it up using Carrier Codes at the carrier level vs. at the device level. Here’s a list of Carrier Codes for the four top US mobile phone carriers.

Set up Call Forwarding using Mobile Carrier Codes

This method involves punching in a code on your phone’s dial pad. The codes listed are accurate as of June 2016. For details on additional codes including call forward when busy or no answer call forwarding, please see the detailed instructions links I’ve listed under each carrier.

T-mobile

Verizon

For Sprint

For AT&T

• Enable – Dial **21*, followed by the 10-digit number you wish to forward the calls to, then dial#. For example, **21*1235556789# forwards your call to 123.555.6789.
  • To disable, Dial #21#.
  • Detailed Instructions

Conclusion

Phone forwarding is easy to set up on any phone, even if you don’t have built-in support for your device. With just a couple steps I was able to set up mine, and after testing it (on Sprint), it works excellent. My cell phone didn’t even ring, all of my calls just went straight to, well, whatever number I want.

Related Article:  Microsoft Groove Music Now Available On All Mobile Platforms

, , , ,

23 Responses to How To Forward Calls With Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon AT&T

1. Frank K October 21, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

I just did this the other day on my HTC Hero and used
    *28 + Area Code + 7-Digit-Number to activate
    and it’s *38 to de-activate . Works great except that you can’t foward text messages.

• MrGroove October 22, 2010 at 11:47 am #

Great tip Frank. And yeah, I’ve not found a way yet to forward TXT messages. That’s the only downside to throwing my phone into my cabinet every night. 😉

• Animis October 22, 2010 at 11:52 am #

Google Voice forwards text messages, sorta. It can’t do media texts, no pictures or videos, but it can do sounds.

Only problem with Google Voice is that you have to give everyone your Google Voice number for it to work. Usually they already have your regular number. Of course, you could just tell everyone that your number changed and have them call your GVoice.

• Trish October 14, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Is there a way I forward my calls to my home from my iPhone (already enabled) remotely? I live in the hills and have NO cell service. I have to drive 7 – 9 miles before I get a signal – poor me – I know. I only drive into “town” a few times a week. I never remember to forward calls before heading up. I want to call in on my land line #2, use my passcode, and forward the calls to Line #1 here at home? Cannot get to the app from here…. Or maybe from my computer? Any ideas? I think it is set up this way so that stalkers cannot forward my calls to their house in the hills….any ideas other than tie a ribbon around my finger with an alarm that hits me in the head while driving – or post a sign on the public road at the bottom that says: Don’t forget to forward calls! – Trish

• Steve Krause October 14, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

Hmm… There might be a way from your PC on the AT&T website but after looking, I don’t see it.

Another option would be to use Google Voice to control the forwarding. You would just setup a Google Voice account then control where the number sends the calls. You can have it send calls to home home phone or mobile based on the time of day or even the phone #. Take a look here — http://www.groovypost.com/tags/google-voice/ where we’ve written about it quite a lot.

• Brian29621 June 15, 2016 at 6:22 am #

You could get one of the location based services people use to track their kids. Then set a geo fence a mile or so before you know you’re going to lose signal. When you get the notification that you’ve crossed the boundary, pull over and forward the phone. And you’d get notified on the way back out as well.

2. Shockersh October 23, 2010 at 1:13 am #

@animis what do u mean ? Sorry I don’t follow u on the google voice forwarding…

• Animis November 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

@Shockersh
      Well, if you receive all of your calls via your Google Voice number – yeah it is pretty simple to forward them from to any phone you want since that is the only way to receive Google Voice calls.

And, Google Voice will foward all text messages to your phone unless you turn off that feature on the google.com/voice page.

3. alanna September 2, 2013 at 6:31 pm #

Hi there. I have a Samsung galaxy.on a Fido plan. I am needing to call forward to my home. But cannot. Any ideals.

4. Merribeth July 7, 2014 at 1:39 pm #

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I can’t find and wondered if there is a way to forward my calls to my other cell phone?

5. hilary May 24, 2015 at 1:36 am #

Is there a way to forward just one number

6. Teresa Cooper January 27, 2016 at 2:50 pm #

I would like to know how I can just forward calls & text for ONE number in one cell over to another cell?

7. Freda Whaley March 22, 2016 at 7:22 am #

My captell phone through Time Warner will let me not only forward calls from it to my cell phone (Galaxy S5 through Sprint) but will also ring both phones so I can pick up either one. Can my Galaxy be set up to do the same thing?

8. Jennie June 14, 2016 at 8:38 am #

Hello , can you help me ? I usually forward calls to my cell phone , but recently I can not do it .
    my office telephone is AT&T
    I don’t know why ? I’m so worry. Please help me

• Steve Krause July 4, 2016 at 10:53 am #

So you’re trying to forward calls from your desk phone to your mobile phone? Have you check with your Telcom team at work?

9. Mike June 15, 2016 at 7:05 am #

How do you cancel forwarding on AT&T? You don’t show that.

• Steve Krause July 4, 2016 at 10:52 am #

Great question Mike – #21#

Updated article for all carriers. Hope it’s easier to read now!

-S

10. Dave May June 15, 2016 at 12:10 pm #

Note to Verizon users. You’ll want to eventually cancel the call forwarding. Use *72 to do so.

• Brian29621 June 16, 2016 at 6:32 am #

Cancelling Call Forwarding on Verizon Wireless is *73

• Dave May June 16, 2016 at 7:10 am #

Correction: Verizon’s activation code is *72, the cancellation code is *73

• Steve Krause July 4, 2016 at 10:51 am #

Awesome – Thnx – Updated article. It had a few old codes in there. Looks like the carriers made a few updates.

11. Barbara Taylor July 8, 2016 at 10:51 am #

I have a Samsung/LG phone. When a call comes in and I answer it, is there a way then to transfer that caller to another person on a different cell number?