How to Automatically BCC in Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010

Article summary:

• A step-by-step screenshot tutorial for automatically BCCing an email address for all outgoing Outlook messages.
  • From Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010, Microsoft removed the BCC field. We’ll show you how to add the BCC field back in.
  • To auto BCC in Outlook, we’ll need to show the developer tab and add a script.
  • See the comments for how to set up an automatic BCC for messages sent only from a particular email address (for multiple Outlook accounts—thanks Nathan!)

Perhaps it was due to one too many passive aggressive intra-office stealth BCCs (Blind Carbon Copy), but for some reason, Microsoft decided to seriously roll back access to BCCs in Office 2010. For one, the new message dialog doesn’t even have a BCC field. But you also can’t set up Outlook 2010 rules to automatically BCC someone (although you can set up a rule to automatically CC a message). For my purposes, this is kind of a pain. I am a Gmail/Outlook hybrid user (I have about three different email addresses, each for a different purpose) and I like to keep all of my messages archived in my main Gmail account for easy reference. So, what I wanted was a way to forward all of my sent messages to my Gmail account (I already have all incoming messages forwarded there by a sever-side rule).  Easier said than done but I think I’ve figured out the easiest way.

It turns out that there are three things that need to be done to unlock the full potential of BCC in Outlook 2010:

1. Show the BCC Field in the New Email window.
  2. Reveal the Developer ribbon.
  3. Add some custom Visual Basic code.

It’s not as difficult as it seems. But let’s move through them from easiest to hardest.

(Note: You can also buy third-party Add-Ins for Outlook 2010 that do this—but I’d recommend this method. It’s free.)

If you are having an issue where this stops working after you restart your computer, please read the note about macro security at the end of this article.

Show the BCC Field in New Emails in Outlook 2010

Step 1

Launch Outlook 2010.

Step 2

Click the New Email button. In the message composition window, click the Options tab.

Reveal BCC in Outlook 2010

Step 3

Click the BCC button.  This reveals the BCC field. Henceforth, you shall have access to the BCC field in all future Outlook 2010 emails. If you get tired of the extra space it takes up, you can just click it again to be rid of it.

Reveal BCC in Outlook 2010

Now, you can use the BCC field for one-offs. But what if you wanted to automatically BCC yourself (or someone else) on every outgoing message? To do this, follow the steps below.

Display the Developer Ribbon

I’m basing this how-to on a great bit of custom Visual Basic code written by Michael Kizer. Michael wrote this VBA snippet for Outlook 2007, but it works for Outlook 2010. The only problem: it’s a bit tough to find Visual Basic Editor in Outlook 2010. It’s hiding in the Developer ribbon, which, by default, is hidden from view. Here’s how to enable it:

Step 1

Launch Outlook 2010.

Step 2

Click the File tab and choose Options.

Reveal Developer Tab in Outlook 2010

Step 3

Click Customize Ribbon on the left-hand panel. Now, in the list on the far right, make sure Developer is checked. Click OK.

Reveal Developer Tab in Outlook 2010

Step 4

The Developer tab will now be revealed in your Outlook 2010 ribbon.

Reveal Developer Tab in Outlook 2010

Automatically BCC Outgoing Messages in Outlook 2010

Now, it’s time to add the code that Mr. Kizer put together.

Step 1

Go to the Developer tab and click Visual Basic.

Step 2

On the left, expand Project1 (VbaProject.OTM to reveal Microsoft Outlook Objects. Expand Microsoft Outlook Objects and then double-click ThisOutlookSession.

Auto BCC with Outlook 2010

Step 3

In the code editor window, choose Application from the drop-down menu in the top-left.

Auto BCC with Outlook 2010

Step 4

In the top-left drop-down menu, choose ItemSend.

Auto BCC with Outlook 2010

Step 5

Position your cursor after “Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)” and before “End Sub.” Now, copy and paste the following cursor between those two lines.

' #### USER OPTIONS ####
' address for Bcc -- must be SMTP address or resolvable
' to a name in the address book
strBcc = "[email protected]"

strMsg = "Could not resolve the Bcc recipient. " & _
"Do you want still to send the message?"
res = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _
"Could Not Resolve Bcc Recipient")

Step 6

Look for the line that reads: strBcc=”[email protected] and replace the email address you’d like to BCC for [email protected]. For example, swap it out for [email protected] or [email protected]

Auto BCC with Outlook 2010

Step 7

Don’t forget to save the changes. Close the Visual Basic Editor and return to Outlook.

Auto BCC to Outlook 2010

Now, when you send messages from Outlook 2010, they’ll be automatically BCC’d to the recipient you chose in the Visual Basic editor. You don’t have to type their name in the BCC field, nor will you even see it entered into the BCC field, since the Visual Basic script kicks in after you hit send. (A handy tip for any cyber spies).

Auto BCC to Outlook 2010

Filtering BCC Gmail Messages

And there you have it.

Filtering BCC’d Gmail Messages

One last thing to note: if you’ll be using this to build a Gmail archive, I recommend using a customized Gmail address with something like +bcc appended to it. However, since the address won’t show up in the to: field, you can’t filter it out like normal. So, instead you’ll have to use the “deliveredto:” string in Gmail. For example, I’d use “deliveredto: [email protected]” and then set up a rule that automatically archives these messages and marks them as read.

Filtering BCC Gmail Messages

A Note About Macro Security

Note: This section may help those who find that the macro stops working the next day or after a system restart.
In order to get this to work, you may need to alter your macro security settings. Either way, you’ll probably get a nagging message like this when Outlook 2010 launches:

SNAGHTML433faf

As you can see, that just refers to the script that you put into ThisOutlookSession—it doesn’t mean you have a virus. You can click Enable Macros to proceed with your Auto BCC script intact.

If you want to skip this step, you can change your Macro Security settings by going to the Developer tab and clicking Macro Security.

Outlook 2010 Macro Settings

Under “Macro Settings,” you’ll have a few different options:

Outlook 2010 Macro Settings

For a nag free existence, choose “Enable all macros,” though this is, of course, potentially dangerous. The real solution here is to get your macro digitally signed—but that’s a bit of an involved process, which I’ll go over in another post (How to Create a Self-Signed Digital Certificate in Microsoft Office 2010). Stay tuned!

, , , , ,

201 Responses to How to Automatically BCC in Outlook 2010

1. ArunKumar December 18, 2010 at 6:09 am #

First of all,
    Tkz a lot for the given code…
    It works fine for me…
    Hats Off to You . . .

2. ArunKumar December 18, 2010 at 10:35 pm #

Hi,
    How to restrict access to Developer Tab to the users, but at the same time this code should run properly .

3. Donald February 13, 2011 at 11:06 pm #

it worked for the first time, but it doesn’t work after i reboot my PC. I went through every steps again but still no luck.

4. Yılmaz February 15, 2011 at 1:59 am #

Hey Bro,

I love you. This is great sharing!

Thanks

5. Yılmaz February 15, 2011 at 2:19 am #

Just want to add one thing instead of using “[email protected]”.
    If you use “[email protected]” then you will not be able to search all emails from one source.

Gmail allows me to have only one gmail account. and you can not direct the incoming emails from “[email protected]” to “[email protected]”.

What I have done is; I bcc the emails to my original gmail addresse and made the Filter in gmail asd described above and everything worked just FINE

• MrGroove February 16, 2011 at 10:43 am #

Were glad it worked out. Good feedback.

6. ArunKumar February 15, 2011 at 3:05 am #

Hi,
    When i tried it i works fine for me.
    But after a couples of weeks later, i doesn’t work. !
    When gone through the developer’ ribbon, all the mentioned things were quite fine.
    But still it doesn’t work.
    What the issue & solution for this.

• Stephen May 27, 2011 at 6:22 am #

Same problem for me… worked beautifully for a few weeks and then, poof, nada. And the code is still there just as before.

• Joel Lovell May 8, 2012 at 6:47 am #

Same problem here – worked fine for a while, then stopped.

• michal March 8, 2013 at 7:15 am #

same here – worked 1 day, then stopped. No MAKRO security monit.. Any suggestions?

• bc bcc August 21, 2013 at 11:08 am #

same thing :(

no comment??

7. Alessandro February 23, 2011 at 8:43 am #

hi I followed the steps but it didn’t work for me…I was wondering whether it has something to do with the line alignment, as when you copy/paste, the lines all start at the same point, while in the picture at step6 they do not. I’m sorry for being such an ignornant in the subject, but does the alignment matter? thanks

• groovinJackman February 23, 2011 at 8:49 am #

hi alessandro – i don’t THINK the alignment should matter, since white space doens’t usually get parsed

do you get an error message? maybe you dropped a quote when swapping out your addy for the BCC field?

• Alessandro February 23, 2011 at 9:56 am #

I checked the spelling and not to have cancelled anything by mistake, but it is all right. I don’t get any error message, it just does not deliver any copy of the email to the BCC address too.
        It is not a matter of alignment, in fact: I also tryed to copy/paste the code of the article written for Outlook 2007 and linked at the beginning of this article. The alignment is different there, but it still does not work.

• Alessandro February 23, 2011 at 11:59 am #

Problem solved: it works just great, you just need to check the security level of outlook and let it execute the macros – the security settings are in the developer tab…I do not know how safe that is though … Outlook advises not to do so because bad code could be executed… well, somebody will probably blow up my computer, but at least the automatic BCC works :) Any suggestions not to let my computer easily become a weapon of mass distruction and still get this code work?

• vasilis December 3, 2013 at 5:21 am #

by me the visual button is locked! i cant proced further? is there a way to skip?

8. Dimitry March 8, 2011 at 7:23 am #

Thank you. Works great. Was using a similar method in Outlook 2007 but did not translate well to 2010.

9. Adi March 24, 2011 at 11:55 am #

I have multiple e-mail accounts in Outlook. Is there a way to amend the code to only work with specific accounts?

• Alessandro March 24, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

How about taking care of the issue on the other side? I mean, like a rule that deletes the messages coming from a specific account to the address you choose to store them. That’s easy and does not require modding the code

• Adi March 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Great! Thanks for the idea!

• TG2 March 2, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

The problem with doing something on the “back end” is that with multiple accounts you may want A) Multiple different BCC’s (i do) and B) some accounts you maybe do not want to have *ANY* BCC for because it may violate terms in your office.

in my case … I want to have the BCC Code work for all emails (new & reply/forward/etc) of my *personal* account in outlook.. but *NOT*.. repeat *NOT* for *any* of the emails that are to/from my corporate email account! Doing so would potentially violate terms & conditions of client information.

AND it would be *MUCH* better if the CODE would actively put the email address in the BCC so that the user could see the BCC address appear, and selectively choose to remove it.

its a function I never liked of other “always BCC” features in outlook and other programs.. and probably one of the reasons other “office” users hated it…. since someone would blindly set it up by accident..

• Andy May 31, 2012 at 4:45 am #

Here is the solution to get it to BCC from only a specific account, hope this help someone in the future:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, _
      Cancel As Boolean)

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “ACCOUNT NAME” Then
      strBcc = “BCC EMAIL ADDRESS GOES HERE”

End Sub

Please note that the “ACCOUNT NAME” above is the name of the account when you created it can can be found by opening the email account settings, clicking ‘more settings’ then the account name will be under the general tab.

Good luck!

• Rudy March 12, 2013 at 10:45 am #

hi There

Any chance to change the variable Item.SendUsingAccount so that not the ACCOUNT NAME but the ACCOUNT MAIL ADDRESS can be used?

BR
        Rudy

10. Tom March 30, 2011 at 2:35 am #

Excellent tutorial and code, many thanks! I had this working within 2 minutes.

The lack of the auto bcc feature in Outlook was stopping me from using it for email. Now I can finally ditch Thunderbird. Many thanks again!

11. Tom March 30, 2011 at 9:33 am #

I found that when I sent a new email, it is bcc’d automatically. But when I reply to an email, my reply is not bcc’d. Does anyone know how to change the VB code above to also bcc replies?

Many thanks

• Susan May 14, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

I also would like to know how to get this to work for both replies and forwards, which is really what I need.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Jon July 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

I’m interested in having Outlook auto bcc only when I am replying to an e-mail, not for new e-mails being sent out. I read through all of the posts, and didn’t see any code related to that. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

• Phil October 24, 2013 at 6:47 am #

I am also having the problem that this does not seem to work for replies and forwards. Several people have asked about this, but no one (as far as I can tell) has posted a solution or a reply. Help?

As an added twist, I have the Outlook option “when replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder”. I use personal folders which help me to keep organized, but it also seems to stymie the macro – no auto self bcc when I forward or reply all to a messages from a personal folder.

Any help would be appreciated!!

12. mike April 14, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

this work great when i turned it on however after restart it no longer works. when testing and clicking send/receive in outlook i get the following error:

‘message being sent exceeds the message size estbablihsed for this user’

anyone else having this problem?

13. RomanSC1 April 18, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

I had the same problem, after i reboot, it did not work again. What do i do? I have Kaspersky antivirus if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    RomanSC1

• ara21 May 14, 2011 at 10:19 pm #

Like RomanSC1 and Donald, it also worked fine until I rebooted my machine. Now it’s no longer working. Any idea why? I’m using AVG Free Antivirus.

14. Roland May 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Great – did it. Took me a few minutes. Can’t believe it. I had an Outlook BBC add-in program (paid for it). The moment I switched to Outlook 2010 and had Gmail it did not work anymore.
    You did it.
    Thanks a lot

• MrGroove May 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

Awesome! Great feedback. I’m glad the article helped you out!

Are you a first time reader on the site?

• Roland May 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

Yes I am, but know I bookmarked your site. Again – Thanks

15. Blayne May 14, 2011 at 10:20 pm #

This is a great post. I use gmail in the exact same fashion. Thanks for the help.

16. racsor May 19, 2011 at 1:07 am #

You are my hero!!

but you’re exit and login in outlook

thanks!

17. Roland May 27, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

I was excited at teh beginning and immediately wrote a great review, but the first time I restarted the computer, I have it on my home PC and my laptop and it happened on both) it did not work anymore. I reinstalled it and it worked – restart and it did not work anymore.
    So I gave up and I will reverse the settings.
    Too bad

18. Peter Onderwater June 2, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Hello,

I’m glad that I find this article. (I’m a first time reader)

I have a question:
    I have a view emailaccounts, but I don’t need for each of them a BCC.
    Please, can you tell me, how I can make a BCC for a one or two emailaccounts?

thanks!

19. Roland June 3, 2011 at 5:04 am #

Well Peter,

unfortunately it does not work for me anymore. It works exactly the length of one PC switch on. Once I switch off my PC it is gone. Reinstall it’s there. Turn off PC and Turn on again = Gone
    There’s another program out there but you have to pay and it works perfectly if you have an Outlook address. If you have gmail in Outlook it does not.
    My solution right now: Whenever I open an email BCC is on as well. I punch in the address(es), think for a second “do I need a copy?”, put in my email address or leave it blank. It works ………..

20. Mario June 26, 2011 at 8:47 am #

Good article! Worked like a charm.

But i need something little diferent. I need that emails are sent to the BCC: address ONLY if they are going FROM unique email address. Thing is that colegues are using mail enabled public folders (example: [email protected]), and they are also sending from address from public folder. Now they want to have all outgoing mails in one folder. So i made let’s say Outbox public folder and gave it another email ([email protected]).

So what i need that only when i send email FROM [email protected] that email is BCCed to [email protected].

I have tryed something like:

Set objSend = Item.SenderName
    If objSend = “[email protected]” Then
    Set objSend = Nothing

NOT working tho :)

FYI if i run this without that IF that i added, emails are BCCed to [email protected] just fine. Now i need to do the same only if FROM is [email protected]

THX for any help!

21. Vance July 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

Works beautifully. Had this set up in less than 2 minutes thanks to your instructions. Thank you very much for sharing!!

22. Ed Eaglehouse July 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

Thank you so much for supplying a fix. It’s just mind-boggling that Microsoft threw out such a critical feature. I have to use Outlook 2010 where I work, so I’m grateful you were kind enough to publish how to get around this missing function.

23. Alex McPhail July 13, 2011 at 8:17 am #

Thank you for the very helpful Auto BCC instructions.

24. Attiq Ur Rehman July 14, 2011 at 8:32 am #

Good Work!
    I was looking for the same since a month back. Even had tried Auto BCC for Outlook. It sucks!
    Awesome Script…Thanks Man :)

25. Joo July 18, 2011 at 3:40 am #

Dears,

YOU MUST ACTIVATE MACROS OPTION, ON SECURITY SETTINGS!!!!

Otherwise: it doesn´t work.

Tks

26. Bolmo Joosten July 27, 2011 at 2:53 am #

Dear all,

To make it work I had to replace

by

objRecip.Type = Outlook.OlMailRecipientType.olBCC

It worked perfectly after this!

27. Enzio July 29, 2011 at 6:18 am #

Hi Guys,

first of all thanks a lot for the solution for BCC.
    I was missing this feature for years!!!

However I have problems running this feature when activating “outlook social network connector” in the registry: runosc=1
    After activating the BCC function is not working anymore.
    Any idea?
    Thanks

Best regards,
    Enzio

28. Paul August 3, 2011 at 1:01 am #

The auto BCC is a GREAT solution!

however it is only working on new messages. How can i make it work when i reply or forward messages?

thanks

Paul

• Richard March 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

Was there ever a response to Paul as to how to make the auto bcc work on replies and forwards???

29. Maxim August 8, 2011 at 3:30 am #

Hello! For some reason Outlook does not run my macro. I don’t get even a notification? Of course no mail sent to BCC address.

• Nathan August 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

Try signing the VB with a digital certificate.

Click on Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office 2010 Tools > Digital Certificate for VBA Projects

Add a certificate name and click on OK.Click OK again when the certificate is created.

In Outlook, press Alt-F11. Click on Tools > Digital Signature. Choose the certificate and then click on OK.

Note: You may need to install the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities (which is what I had to do).

Save the project, then close VB. Close Outlook and then reopen. Accept any macro warnings that appear the next time that Outlook opens.

• Maxim August 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

Wow! great! thank you. My macro started to work after a reload. But I will keep your suggestion in mind for my future VBA programming.

• Irvin September 20, 2011 at 8:33 am #

Epic thanks

• Big Doug May 11, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

The certificate did it for me. Thanks!

30. Tiv August 9, 2011 at 6:16 am #

Hi,

This is great but how do BCC multiple email addresses?

Thanks

31. Lisa August 13, 2011 at 10:44 am #

I also would like to know how to change the code to Bcc to multiple addresses

• Nathan August 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm #

Try adding a semi-colon between the email addresses i.e.

strBcc = “[email protected];[email protected]

• Lisa August 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

I have tried that. Unfortunately it does not work

32. Bob August 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

Along with the many who’ve gone before me, I add my thanks. I wanted to only BCC mail that had a specific character string in the subject line. That only took about two minutes to add…

33. Rajinder August 19, 2011 at 6:04 am #

I hope this helps….i am not a programmer in any form, but have been able to paste this together from several different sites. It works for me very well as I have several accounts setup in my Outlook 2010. Enjoy….good luck with using it.

Dim objMsg As Outlook.MailItem

‘ #### USER OPTIONS ####
    ‘Select one of the below Options, remove the comment marks (‘) in front of the line

‘Add text to the subject line when sending email
    Set objMsg = Outlook.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
    ‘objMsg.Subject = “Test”
    ‘objMsg.Subject = “Prepended text here – ” & objMsg.Subject
    ‘objMsg.Subject = objMsg.Subject & ” – Appended text here”

‘ Address for Bcc — must be SMTP address or resolvable
    ‘ Automatically selects the bcc address from the set “from” setting or
    ‘ to a select email address, your choose
    strBcc = Item.SendUsingAccount
    ‘strBcc = “[email protected]

‘ Option 1: Select if you wish to auto bcc from a select account in outlook automatically
    ‘If Item.SendUsingAccount.SmtpAddress = ” [email protected] ” Then

‘ Option 2: Select through notification meesage before sending the email if you wish to bcc the email
    res = MsgBox(“Would you like to receive a copy of this message (Bcc)?”, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _
    “BCC Message”)
    Cancel = False
    Else

‘ Option 3: Select if you wish to sent on behalf:
    ‘ If Item.SentOnBehalfOfName = ” [email protected] ” Then

‘ objRecip.Type = olBCC
    objRecip.Type = Outlook.OlMailRecipientType.olBCC

End Sub

If you have problems with it not working, then do the following:
    • In outlook clicked on Tools/Macros/Security changed the level to Warning for all macros, ok
    • Again pressed Alt F11, clicked on Tools/Digital Signature click on Choose … u will see the Digital Signature u saved and select and press ok.
    Restarted Oulook
    Upon restart it will ask to trust all the macros from press yes. And it’s done

Cheers

• Gary August 29, 2011 at 2:23 am #

Hi,

Thanks for the input. But i want to choose from a list of email ids to BCC when i send out a mail. Is it possible? Thanks!

• Ron August 27, 2013 at 1:08 am #

Hi Rajinder,

Thanks for your details about adding BCC only when sent from a certain address. This helped me to achieve the result I was looking for.

Regards
      Ron

34. Garrett Dumas September 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the info!

35. Jennifer September 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

Hello,

I tried a few different VB codes to BCC myself and it actually worked for a day – I LOVED it. But then it STOPPED working. I am using Outlook 2007.

Here is what I originally used:

‘ Enter the address for Bcc
    ‘ It must be SMTP address or
    ‘ resolvable to a name in the address book

strMsg = “Could not resolve the Bcc recipient. ” & _
    “Do you want to send the message?”
    res = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _
    “Could Not Resolve Bcc recipient”)

————————————————

Here is what I just tried (not working either):
    ‘ #### USER OPTIONS ####
    ‘ address for Bcc — must be SMTP address or resolvable
    ‘ to a name in the address book
    ——————————–

Please help! Would love to use this!

• Jennifer September 19, 2011 at 7:02 am #

Can ANYONE provide any thoughts on my post? Please?

• Yilmaz September 19, 2011 at 7:17 am #

Hello Jennifer,
        I think someway you probably disabled your macro settings to off position.

File — Options — Security Center: Security Center Settings
        Macro Settings
        – enable all macros

I use Office 2010. in 2007 may be above settings is located in another position.
        You can search google as “how to enable macro in office 2007″ and you will find it.

regards, Yilmaz.

• Jennifer September 19, 2011 at 7:40 am #

I turned my macros security to the lowest possible security and still, nothing.

36. Alison September 10, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

Thanks. I have a notebook and a computer at my desk and I want to store all my sent e-mails on the desk computer. So I followed yout excellent tutorial in order to automatically bcc myself from my notebook. It worked on a new e-mail sent from my notebook.

However, it didn’t work when I replied to an e-mail from my notebook and, as mentioned above, I suspect it may not work if I forward an e-mail from the notebook.

Are there any similarly easy solutions out there – short of buying software?

Again, thanks.

• Alison September 10, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

Forgot to mention that both my computers use Outlook 2010. It’s really annoying that Microsoft disabled the automatic bcc feature!

37. Ed Eaglehouse September 12, 2011 at 4:30 am #

For adding multiple addresses, these lines are what attach a new BCC recipient:

objRecip.Type = olBCC

If you want to add more addresses, repeat these lines, replacing the address assigned to strBcc with the extra address. As with the original code, you may want to check that the address is valid (resolves successfully).

38. viruzth September 13, 2011 at 1:38 am #

Wonderfull tips!
    Many thanx for that.

39. BobbyBfromBoston! September 16, 2011 at 7:35 am #

How do you remove this feature? I previously added it, and now would like to remove it. I’ve deleted the code and saved it, and gone as far as to completely restart my computer. HOwever, every time I send an email. I am still bcc’d. How do I turn this off? Thanks.

40. Sandra September 17, 2011 at 8:23 am #

Great script – thanks!

Any way to code this so that it BCC’s TWO email addresses? I have tried various options but keep getting an “could not resolve the BCC address” error.

thanks :-)
    sandra

41. AJ September 19, 2011 at 2:08 am #

Excellent post. Thanks for the blog!

42. Ellen October 4, 2011 at 8:58 am #

Thanks for the tips, but my question is, how do you get outlook 2010 to stop showing you as a “To” when you are a bcc. When I am bcc’d, I cannot tell and run the risk of hitting reply all and unintentionally outing the sender as bccing me!

• BertieorBirdie January 2, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

Good to see real expertise on display. Your cotnirbution is most welcome.

43. Anil October 7, 2011 at 11:12 pm #

To turn off this feature is simply a reversal of what you did:
    Go to Developer>Visual Basic>ThisOutlookSession>ItemSend
    Delete everything between “Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean” and “End Sub”.
    Save the file. Close Visual Basic window.
    Go back to FILE>OPTIONS>TRUST CENTER>Trust Center Settings>Macro Settings
    Then turn OFF [Disable] the Macros.
    Restart Outlook.

It worked for me!

44. John October 8, 2011 at 5:50 am #

Hi there! Is there a way to do this auto bcc work in Mac Mail under Lion OS X?

Thanks!

45. Adam October 26, 2011 at 9:11 pm #

any idea what I would do to duplicate this in Outlook for Mac 2011? I can’t access the VB Editor on the ribbon – you can’t even edit the ribbon in Outlook. Office, Yes; Outlook, No…

46. dc November 3, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

I have 4 different email accounts in Outlook 2010 (all IMAP). I want to BCC to a different gmail address for each account (backup purposes). Is there a way to modify your code so it doesn’t BCC from all my email accounts OR I can select which email accounts I want to BCC from.

• Ulrich Palha November 10, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

I forgot to reply to your post, but try the modified code in the post below

47. Ulrich Palha November 8, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

@de – try the modified code below to use a different BCC for each account.
    ————

Dim strSendAccount As String
    strSendAccount = Item.SendUsingAccount.SmtpAddress

Select Case strSendAccount

Case “[email protected]” ‘### test for first account here
    strBcc = “[email protected]” ‘### set the corresponding bcc

Case “[email protected]

Case “[email protected]

Case Else ‘if none of the accounts match, then exit
    Exit Sub
    End Select

48. Rik November 22, 2011 at 3:13 pm #

Hi,

Nice tip, thank you…

However, when you look in the ‘sent folder’ and open the email it shows the BCC and who it was direct too?

Sort of defeats the object?

Any idea on how to stop it beeing reveale?d

49. Rik November 23, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Any update on this please?

Any idea on how to stop it being revealed?

50. Rik December 1, 2011 at 4:26 am #

Hi,

Using latest Outlook client,

I can report that it does not work.. :-(

51. Joshua December 7, 2011 at 2:40 am #

Code works well but once my computer is restarted. It stops working. How do I solve this?

52. links jewellery December 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a entertainment account it. Look complex to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we keep in touch?

53. John December 15, 2011 at 8:19 am #

Hi, thanks for this code, but is there anyway this could be replicated in OWA as well as in the client (Outlook 2010).

Cheers,

John

54. Thomas December 16, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Brilliant! I use this for salesforce to save an additional click. Thanks!

55. Isaack December 27, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Great articles, it is so helpful, would u pls post how to auto bcc of my income mail?

56. Dan December 28, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Isaack, you’ll have to set up a forwarding rule – it’s probably the easiest.

I too am having problems with this working after a reboot. A co-worker of mine who is using Outlook 2007, and myself, using Outlook 2010 have the same problem.

Even if I changed my macro settings to automatically accept and not prompt it doesn’t matter, it still doesn’t work after a reboot.

Any ideas?

• Bruce L January 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

I have tried the suggestions you offered for the Automatically BCC Outgoing Messages in Outlook 2010

It worked on one test email, then after rebooting my computer the code no longer works. I do have Outlook 2010.

Jack do you have any suggestions as there seems to be a few of us who are experiencing this glitch.

57. Morgan Fabre January 3, 2012 at 3:20 am #

Great that’s work very well ! Thanks =]

58. Patrick January 4, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Thanks for the Outlook part (I didn’t need the Gmail steps). Works great!

59. Larry January 4, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

OUTSTANDING! Worked the first time for me. Thank you!

60. Yossi January 8, 2012 at 3:02 am #

Like Dan said, The macro stops working after computer restart.
    Any idea how to solve this?

Also, is there any way to solve this problem on the exchange server side (so that if people are sending mails from smartphones or web-client as well as client outlook it also works)?

61. Natalie January 9, 2012 at 3:40 am #

This worked great the first time, but has completely stopped after 1 day. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it I would greatly appreciate help!!

Thanks

62. Donna Mangion January 11, 2012 at 7:02 pm #

Hi there,

Thank you, this is a great tool. Especially for someone who is tecnologically challenged like myself.

However, I have a little problem…can I get it to work on reply emails and forward emails?

Would love someone to point me in the right direction

Cheers
    Donna

63. Talal January 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Hi,

thanks a lot for this precious tip. I have faced the same problem reported by many users above. In less than a month, the auto bcc has stopped working.

64. Kathy Constantino January 16, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

WOW, and thanks for solving a HUGE problem i have with sending from laptop and not seeing those mails on my cell phone. What a GREAT solution and thanks for taking time to give clear instructions too!

65. pramod dalmia January 23, 2012 at 6:21 am #

i tried.
    is their a more simpler way to switch it on and off when needed or not needed.
    pl advise.

66. amelia February 8, 2012 at 7:30 am #

Amazing instructions! clear and concise! thank you so much!

67. Nico February 15, 2012 at 8:15 am #

FAB – well done and thanks sooo much!

68. Glenn February 16, 2012 at 4:08 am #

Thanks for the very helpful suggestion. I wasn’t clear why you would need a customized gmail address. I just use a gmail filter to automatically label and file my bcc emails from outlook (any email I’m sending myself).

69. Arif Hussain February 17, 2012 at 5:48 am #

Beautiful. Works fine.

Thanks Buddy

70. David Francis February 22, 2012 at 1:19 am #

Great tip, worked for me – until I rebooted!

So here’s a solution for people who find this STOPS WORKING after a day, or after computer restart.

1. In Outlook 2010, go to File -> Options -> Trust Center
    2. Click Trust Center settings
    3. Click Macro Settings
    4. Choose “Notifications for all macros”
    5. OK everything
    6. Restart Outlook 2010
    7. You’ll get a security warning – you’ll need to grant permissions to get the macro to run.

It should now work

HTH and thanks for the tip

• Courtney May 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

DUDE, thank you for this!!! I hooked this up for my boss, and we were so sad it stopped working…. employed your method and it’s all good again! Thanks again, David!

• miriam April 11, 2013 at 7:35 am #

AWESOME! it worked again!

so happy

thanks so much

• Wahab April 1, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

Thank you my friend !
      Finally it work again !!! Really helpful !

71. David Francis February 22, 2012 at 1:22 am #

Gaa ignore me, that will teach me to read the whole post.
    DOHHHH

72. John February 25, 2012 at 8:58 am #

I did it as per this guide and tested it, bingo, it works just as expected. Many thanks for your guide, it’s just crystal clear.

73. Andreas February 29, 2012 at 7:52 am #

Great script, any1 knows how to WHITELIST my domain so it does not send bcc when I send emails to my colleagues?!

thanks

/A

74. yaklis February 29, 2012 at 8:20 am #

Dear friends; for multiple adress bcc please use the code below;

‘ #### USER OPTIONS ####
    ‘ address for Bcc — must be SMTP address or resolvable
    ‘ to a name in the address book

End If

‘ repeat the group start form “x” to “y” for more than two mails.

‘ x
    ‘y

75. Matt March 7, 2012 at 9:38 am #

If you want to have the BCC recipient virtually hidden (IE the address doesnt show) the closest i got was to change the line:

to

strBcc = “”[email protected]

You will probably want to copy and paste the above to get it right.

This will not show the email used for bcc but does instead just display ” (empty address), although it appears to be impossible to turn this off completely as if you look at your senders name it ‘fname lname’ in the same quotes, which means all named address’s are quoted, so the best you can do is set it to nothing.

Hope that helps someone else out instead of paying out for software to do the same.

If anyone has a better solution to hide the BCC recipient please let us know :-)

76. Matt March 7, 2012 at 9:40 am #

Actually the above code wont work, the submit/comment box decided to reformat it:

Get the code from here: http://pastebin.com/TmWvB3Ry

77. Dat March 7, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

I think there’s a way that must be easier:
    - In Outlook 2010, click File->Account settings, select the account you want to auto bcc (must be imap account) then Change->More settings.
    - In Sent items tab, select “Save sent items in the following folder on the server” -> then select Inbox folder in the list below.
    - Thats all.
    Regards,

• Ed Eaglehouse March 8, 2012 at 5:16 am #

That sounds nice, but impossible: there is no “Sent Items” tab. Hence the need for this workaround.

78. Vavramidis March 13, 2012 at 3:49 am #

Hi @ all. Thanks for the code.

It works fine for me except when there are internal emails address from my company in the ‘Cc’. When i do that the Bcc don’t work. When in the ‘To’ Field or in the ‘Cc’ are externals email address it work’s fine.

Is there any workaround for that?

Thanks :)

• Matt March 13, 2012 at 4:05 am #

This is likely to be your internal mail server causing this and not the script, i would manually test an email and you are likely to see exactly the same thing happen, in which case you need to speak to your mail server admin to get it fixed.

79. nu fatcat March 30, 2012 at 11:31 pm #

your script works wonderful. thank you so much!!

80. Aaron April 2, 2012 at 10:11 am #

This worked for me the first day only then I could not get it to work again and my work does not have an Internal Mail Server. I am using Office 2003

• Fabien June 28, 2012 at 4:26 am #

Fix your Security Level in Trust Center to allow for macros else the macro will no be active after your restart Outlook.

81. B()B April 24, 2012 at 8:58 am #

Try the option “enable all marco’s”
    Developers tab – Marco security – macro settings

82. ann April 25, 2012 at 4:05 am #

I’ve got the Bcc field showing on my ‘new email’ templates. However, once I’ve Bcc’d a whole list of email addresses, after sending the email, when I go back to it to remind myself who i sent it to – the list of Bcc addresses isn’t showing. I need to be able to see who’ve I may have missed out, etc. How do I find out who I bcc’d?

83. Bain May 16, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Hi followed, as described in the post, am sending to a gmail account, when tested i got the mail but showing my mail address in cc but not in bcc.
    How could i stop showing the cc
    Thanks in advance

84. Andy May 31, 2012 at 4:41 am #

I have been working on this a little and would like to add the solution to getting the script to BCC from only a select account:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, _
    Cancel As Boolean)

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “ACCOUNT NAME” Then
    strBcc = “BCC EMAIL ADDRESS GOES HERE”

Good luck!

• Jack August 1, 2012 at 12:31 am #

Hi Andy, thanks for your solution.
      Is it also possible when I have one account, with multiple emailadresses in it?

• Cheenu September 12, 2012 at 2:48 am #

Hello. I copied and pasted this code. I have 5 email accounts set up on my Outlook 2010. I am not using an enterprise server and connect direct to the internet. 4 of my email IDs are managed by Gmail and 1 is managed by another provider.

I want to bcc my emails sent only from the 1 account managed by a provider other than Gmail.

The problem I am facing is that all emails that I send, even from my other email IDs are being BCCd back to me. How can I stop this?

I have made changes to the relevant portions in the following code:

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “ACCOUNT NAME” Then
      strBcc = “BCC EMAIL ADDRESS GOES HERE”

Do I have to remove the “” in the above code?

I am using Windows XP with Outlook 2010.

thanks much!!!

• Cheenu September 12, 2012 at 3:06 am #

Andy! My apologies! I realized that I had installed another program, Auto BCC which was running in the background.I removed that software, and this code works just fine!!! Thanks!!

• Gary Kelleher September 20, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Thanks for the solution

This makes it a little better -

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “ACCOUNT NAME” Then strBcc = “BCC EMAIL ADDRESS GOES HERE” Else Exit Sub End If

85. Alexis June 4, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Why won’t this code work after the computer is rebooted. It worked great the day I did it, and I logged in this morning, and I can’t get it to work again. HELP!

• Fabien June 28, 2012 at 4:25 am #

See answer above.

86. kathleen June 27, 2012 at 7:16 am #

This worked great on the first day. I can’t get it to work again. HELP!!

• Fabien June 28, 2012 at 4:24 am #

87. CostSaving Doron June 30, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

Great code, Andy your addition to particulare account is just what I was missing
    Thanks guys

88. Alex Angerhofer July 13, 2012 at 5:16 am #

thanks a lot. That made my day! Alex.

89. Matt July 27, 2012 at 4:46 am #

What if I want to show the BCC in the address bar, so that users can choose not to BCC if they want…for personal mails for instance?

90. aileverte August 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

Thank you! Just what I was looking for. I have given up on the Outlook syncing applications which never work the way I want them to, and decided that good old “primitive” methods, like self-BCC, will do just fine. Thanks for making it so easy!

91. Patrick August 7, 2012 at 4:56 am #

This
    code work perfectly at my office but isn’t working at home or in a hotels. I
    can still add manually add address into de BCC field when I’m at home or at the
    hotel and it’s working well. Any idea?

92. wowonet August 21, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

Thanks! Works perfectly! I use Outlook 2010 with Exchange and multiple POP3 accounts plus I have conversation view turned on. When I reply to an e-mail sent to my Exchange account, the reply will appear with the conversation because of Exchange settings. That is not the case with POP3 accounts. Now that the replies are bcc’d, they appear in the conversation. I set up a separate gmail account for the bcc field so that it doesn’t matter which account from which the reply is sent. It shows up in the right conversation. I know, a bit overboard, but hey, if you can, why not?

93. Yogesh Parkar September 25, 2012 at 12:18 am #

Thanks a lot it worked for

94. Jack Rodgers September 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

Absolutely perfect! Thanks for the info!

95. Cindy October 3, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

HIHI!! I have tried this a month before and it did work successfully.
    However, it is not working in these few days. I have tried to do all the process again, but it still not working.
    Do you know why?
    Thanks!

96. Macallan October 9, 2012 at 12:35 am #

The code is great however it does not work in the following situation. When creating a document in Word and using the option Save and send, then Send as attachment or send as PDF, such an email does not send to BCC set in VBA despite enabling all macros both in Outlook 2010 and Word 2010 as well as “Trust access to VBA projects” in Word security options. I will be grateful for any hints how this abstacle can be overcome.

97. Larry F Delbridge II October 9, 2012 at 9:01 am #

Worked great the first time, very detailed and SOOOO much appreciated!

98. Eric Mols October 23, 2012 at 2:14 am #

Thank you for your post, it realy helped me.

99. Andrew French December 2, 2012 at 1:01 am #

Hello, this works great, thanks. I do have a question. I also sometimes (OK, a lot), send e-mails from my iPad, and sometimes phone and webmail. I assume that for the instances when sending e-mail in those situations, I must still add the BCC manually? Is there a server solution so I never need to even think about adding BCC manually again if away from my laptop (that has this solution installed)?

Thanks

100. wjlToronto February 15, 2013 at 8:46 am #

How this post solved my BB10 sync issue
    This may be an old post but it is still adding value
    It has fixed the last outstanding item in a frustrating workaround for synchronizing Outlook 2010 stand-alone Outlook (POP) account to the Blackberry 10 (BB10). Many Thanks!!
    The story
    •I needed to keep my old [email protected] email address as my prime email address
    •I also needed to continue getting emails via [email protected]
    •I needed to respond to all emails from [email protected]
    •I use a standalone PC running Outlook with a POP account, no Exchange, as my main email client when I’m in my home office
    •I rely on a smart phone (currently iPhone 3G, but might be BB10) to get my emails, contacts, and calendar information when I’m on the road. My 3G does not currently sync emails but does sync calendar and contacts via iTunes.
    •I also use a small laptop with a “copy” of my pst to do emails when I can sit down away from my office (tethered to smart phone). It is crude but works.
    Problem
    The new BB10 does not sync POP calendar, contacts or email, even when attached via USB to the PC.
    Solution
    •I tested many solutions but settled on Gmail IMPA
    •I now have two Outlook accounts, [email protected] (POP) and [email protected] (IMAP) and they come with the usual data files/folders. The IMAP data folder is synced with Gmail, and the POP data folder is in sync with the IMAP data folder
    •The Gmail account (in Outlook) insists on sending from [email protected]. If I use the POP account to manage all emails it will always send them from [email protected]. But….
    New Problem
    •When sending from the POP account the sent emails do not end up in my Gmail folder or the Gmail account. I needed a way to BCC [email protected]
    •And now you know how this post solved my problem.
    •I now use my POP account for all emails. Everything gets forwarded/copied into the Gmail IMAP account and if all does well, I should be able to fully sync BB10 or iPhone and maybe even my laptop from Gmail
    •In addition, I can continue to automatically backup my POP to a pst for archiving and DRP.
    •Now I just need to sync calendar and contact info between Outlook 2010 and Gmail and get Gmail to sync with the smart phone

101. Facetti February 19, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Here the solution to BCC every mail to the senders address aka self-bcc :

Dim email As MailItem

‘ #### USER OPTIONS ####
    ‘ address for Bcc — must be SMTP address or resolvable
    ‘ to a name in the address book

Set email = Item
    strBcc = email.SendUsingAccount.SmtpAddress

102. Facetti February 19, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

Here the minimized solution to BCC every mail to the senders address aka self-bcc :

Dim objRecip As Recipient

Set objRecip = Item.Recipients.Add(Item.SendUsingAccount.SmtpAddress)
    objRecip.Resolve

103. Facetti February 21, 2013 at 3:01 am #

More stable version :

Dim objRecip As Recipient

Set objRecip = Item.Recipients.Add(Item.GetInspector.CurrentItem.SendUsingAccount.SmtpAddress)
    objRecip.Resolve

104. Chris February 25, 2013 at 10:08 am #

Hello,

This is cool, what I am trying to do is sort of similar to this.

What I am trying to do is create VBscript to CC or BCC (it doesn’t matter which) in the mailbox that I am sending from. I have a total of 5 mailboxes, including my personal and 4 shared boxes. I don’t want this applied to my personal or 1 of the shared, so I want to specify the mailbox names that it is being sent from. If it is one of the 3 it will place a copy of the email being sent into the inbox of the mailbox being sent from.

I know this can be easily done with creating rules, but we have shared mailboxes and due to how we log in, some people don’t like the rules and they uncheck them, very irritating. Also it appears there is no way to record a macro in Outlook, just create one.

I am trying to do something like this:

If From = “[email protected]” Then
    Forward.Recipients.Add “[email protected]

If From = “[email protected]” Then
    Forward.Recipients.Add “[email protected]

If From = “[email protected]” Then
    Forward.Recipients.Add “[email protected]

End Sub

I am not familiar with VBScript in Outlook at all, starting to get familiar with it in Excel though. Can someone please take a look at this and see if you know how to do this?

Thanks,

Chris

105. Chris March 2, 2013 at 4:12 am #

Hello,

Thanks to a post from Andy that I originally overlooked I figured out how to do this. Andy’s post only utilized 1 mailbox, so I just added two more if/then statements for the other two mailboxes. Here it is.

Chris

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “[email protected]” Then

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “[email protected]” Then

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “[email protected]” Then

106. Chris March 3, 2013 at 11:35 am #

I needed to restructure the code a little bit, the previous code would send it to the last mailbox that was listed when it was initially saved as a draft. I don’t understand why since it even showed it didn’t equal the last mailbox. I should have known better than to code it like that anyway, sloppy. The code below will work better and has structure to it.

Chris

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “[email protected]” Then
    Else
    If Item.SendUsingAccount = “[email protected]” Then
    Else
    If Item.SendUsingAccount = “[email protected]” Then

• Frank August 13, 2013 at 6:42 am #

Hi Chris,

I hope you can help me. This is almost what I need. However, I also need to able to differentiate by Subject line to include or exclude BCC. Do you have any idea on how to do that? Or maybe someone else here can help?

Thanks,

Frank

107. Chris March 20, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

I posted an answer here: http://answers.groovypost.com/questions/2099/outlook-2010-vbscript-to-cc-or-bcc-in-the-inbox-that-is-being-sent-from?page=1#2185

There are 4 posts from me, 1 asking the question and 3 answers. The most recent answer is the best solution. Look for the newest post by zines, this solves the issue when the email is saved as a draft.

108. Facetti March 21, 2013 at 1:16 am #

If you like to have a BCC to the email account you are sending from, here a bulletproof version:

On Error GoTo Fin
    objRecip.Resolve
    Fin:

• Chris March 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

The script from Facetti will work if you want all mailboxes BCC in, but my previous post is for if you only wanted certain mailboxes BCC in. My post also fixes the issue that most scripts have when an email is sent from a Draft, most script don’t work. I haven’t tested Facetti’s script if it works with the draft issue or not, but mine works for my needs because certain mailboxes I do not want a BCC from and it correctly works with draft emails.

• Facetti March 22, 2013 at 1:46 am #

The script also works from a draft.The “On Error..” fix this.

• Cynthia Dai March 27, 2013 at 8:13 am #

Thanks Facetti, I use the one w/o “On Error” and the email sent from a Draft working fine.

• Facetti March 27, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

thanks for the confirmation! It’s a pleasure to simplify your e-mail life ;-)

109. Engineer A March 22, 2013 at 9:26 am #

For all those people who added the code, then had it stop working after resetting PC. You need to enable macros in the developer tab!!! At very least, select notifications for all macros, but you will receive a pop-up every time unless you enable all macros.

110. CarelH March 25, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

Works like a dream, thanx a mil for the post.

111. Iblees March 27, 2013 at 11:40 pm #

Magic stuff.

Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks!

112. jeff March 31, 2013 at 11:24 am #

It will not let me copy and paste Ite Send

113. Stephanie April 4, 2013 at 8:50 am #

This worked great for me at first, but it is now CCing instead of BCCing. I can’t have everyone know I’m ccing another address and now can’t seem to remove the code at all now. Any tips on completely removing this code so it stops?

114. sakrai May 14, 2013 at 12:36 am #

Thank you very much! I love it.
    It helps my jobs easier more than past.

115. Jodi May 31, 2013 at 6:04 am #

I had to find a different path to automatically BCC myself. I tried the VBC code but couldn’t get it working again after the first day.

The solution I came up with was creating a rule in Outlook that applied to all email I sent, it would ‘move a copy to a specific folder’, and I created no exceptions. I named it BCC so I’d remember what the rule does.

116. Jo June 19, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

I am using this VBA successfully but need a way to NOT bcc certain addresses. I’ve applied a “personal” category to the addresses I don’t want copied to Zoho and added this to the code:

If Item.Categories = “Personal” Then
    Exit Sub
    Else

However, those “personal” addresses are still being BCC’d.

Is there a way to select certain addresses (about 10 in all) that I never want to be BCCd?

• Chis June 19, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

I posted the answer to this question here. It allows you to specify what email addresses you want to use, as many or as few email address that you want. All that needs to be done is add to the “If” statements or delete “If” statements. You need one “If statement for each email address. So in the example that I posted there are 3 email address and 3 “If” statements, one for each email address. If this works for you, please vote on it, click the up arrow to show it was helpful.

• Jo June 19, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

Thanks for replying, Chris. Sorry if I was unclear in my aim. I want to bcc every outgoing email from all mail accounts to my Zoho address.

However, I do not want personal mail being bcc’d to this address.

So the number of addresses that I DO want bcc’d will be in the many hundreds, and will grow each day. The number of addresses that I do not want to have mail bcc’d to is about 10.

I am currently achieving this nicely with Ablebits’ Auto BCC but it costs $$ so I’m hoping to the same thing with VBA.

117. Tom June 28, 2013 at 7:58 am #

Thank you thank you thank you for the coding for the auto bcc!!

118. abluhm July 5, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

Thank you so much for this article it was very very useful!!

119. Ken July 10, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

Thanks! Now I can see the emails I send on my iPhone! Is there a way to do the same from my iPhone?

120. Deep Vaishnav July 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

Great. This works.

121. medo July 30, 2013 at 7:14 am #

Hello, thank you for your work (and sorry for my english…),
    i make my code… why it send last bcc mail (3EMAIL) twice?

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, _
    Cancel As Boolean)

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “MYACCOUNT” Then
    strBcc = “1EMAIL”

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “MYACCOUNT” Then
    strBcc = “2EMAIL”

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “MYACCOUNT” Then
    strBcc = “3EMAIL”

• medo August 6, 2013 at 12:41 am #

I’ve seen a mistake, this is the correct code, now i can send a different bcc mail with a different mail account! Thank folks!

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, _
      Cancel As Boolean)

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “MYACCOUNT” Then
      strBcc = “1EMAIL”

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “MYACCOUNT” Then
      strBcc = “2EMAIL”

If Item.SendUsingAccount = “MYACCOUNT” Then
      strBcc = “3EMAIL”

122. Justin August 5, 2013 at 11:50 am #

Hi,

I’ve had this working successfully for a long time but recently added a secondary email account to Outlook and now I receive the “Could not resolve…” error when I try to send.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

123. Philip August 16, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Hmmm

So if i wanted to add a colour category and category text to the bcc email how would I do that?

so if i add a colour category…i can filter and auto move it to another folder….

thanks!

124. harish August 26, 2013 at 12:49 am #

thanks alot bro……………!!

125. motaba September 4, 2013 at 6:56 am #

this wonderful thank u a lot

126. bivek September 13, 2013 at 10:26 pm #

please provide me silent bcc code…

127. lion September 16, 2013 at 1:37 am #

Gracias!

128. Chantal M. Van September 24, 2013 at 10:27 pm #

THANK YOU for posting this!!!! It was very easy and worked!

129. Jennifer October 18, 2013 at 9:57 am #

Can someone tell me how to update the code to only BCC myself when I send an e-mail to a certain e-mail address?

130. Andrew October 22, 2013 at 11:36 am #

I have tried all variations of the above and the email ends up being sent as CC. We are using an exchange server and Outlook 2007
    I have manually tried the BCC and that works just fine. The VBA however, resolves to a CC which defeats the purpose of the BCC intent.
    Is there a solution?

• Kumo January 8, 2014 at 4:38 am #

I want this too as I frequently need to BCC my task account (my ‘waiting for an answer’ section), but certainly not for all emails.
      The way it works now is that all mails are BCC’ed to the email I indicate in VBA, but not visible in the BCC field itself.
      Any ideas?

131. Grant December 2, 2013 at 12:54 am #

I applied the code in Outlook 2013 enable Macros just to be sure, but it does not work.

Does anyone have a work around for Outlook 2013?

If so will this enable the same settings in Office 365 by chance?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

132. gdr January 8, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

I love you. Thank you so much.

133. Franklin January 13, 2014 at 7:55 am #

Hi, I am still using outlook 2007 but might eventually move to a newer version. This seems to work for me as long as i disable macro security. I might try signing the macro and trusting the publisher just to make it safe. My boss is interested in getting copies of the emails sent by employees. Is there a way to prevent the user from disabling the macros completely or from editing the macro? Thanks.

134. Ken April 21, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

this worked great the first time I tried this. I have a new computer and followed the exact same directions, but now none of my emails are going out. they are all “stuck” in my out box….