Last week Google introduced what they hope will be their twitter killer Google Buzz service. If you haven’t heard, it’s a new social media service that’s very much like Twitter but with a Google touch added to things. The good news is that it hooks up directly with your already existing Google or Gmail account and works from within Gmail very easily. The bad news is some complained about it because of they way Google Added it to your account with no input from you and then how it auto-followed people you regularly email etc etc. etc. etc.
So… Let’s just say for whatever reason you want to remove / disable Google Buzz. Simple! Just follow this brief how-to which covers the process of disabling it from your account.
Important: Before you remove Google Buzz, you need to realize that by disabling it you will be deleting your Public Google Profile which will impact some of your other applications like Google Reader. So read all the warnings throughout the process below and if you have any questions, drop a comment below.
How To Fully Remove Google Buzz And All Of Your Google Buzz Related Information
1. Login to your Gmail and then Click the Settings tab.
2. Click the Buzz tab and then we need to check two boxes and save the changes.
- Check the box Do not show these lists on my public Google profile. And
- Check the box Do not show Google Buzz in Gmail.
- Next Click Save Changes and then come back into the Buzz tab and Click Disable Google Buzz.
3. On the next page you’ll confirm. Click Yes, delete my profile and posts.
That’s all there is to it! You should no longer be bugged by Google Buzz, and the icon from your Gmail sidebar should also be removed now too. If you decide that you want Google Buzz back just re-enable the two check boxes from step 2 and save the changes and you’ll be buzzing again in no-time.