How to Clear Your Amazon.com Browsing History

Did you know that Amazon keeps a list of every item you’ve ever viewed on its website? Although handy if you like to go back and browse items from the past, it could also spoil a surprise gift or get a little embarrassing… depending on the item. Whatever the reason, Amazon includes a simple process to manage your history/privacy on Amazon including turning off the feature or removing individual items.

Start by heading over to the Amazon.com Browsing History Page. Delete individual items from the history by clicking the Remove button.

amazon history - remove item

Clicking on the Manage History drop-down (1), you can also Remove all Items (2) as well as Turn Browsing History on/off (3) as shown below.

manage amazon history

According to Amazon, when you turn your browsing history off, they will not show things you click on or searches you make from the device you disabled your browsing history from. All in all, fairly straightforward process if you know where to look!

, ,

8 Responses to How to Clear Your Amazon.com Browsing History

1. Ann June 9, 2016 at 7:35 am #

Not true, when you log back in, Amazon turns it back on! I have to constantly remove and turn off! Very annoying.

• Steve Krause June 9, 2016 at 9:18 am #

Stay tuned Ann – I’m working on an awesome article which I’ll be publishing in the next few days which will explain how to get around Amazon’s new policy re: Price Change refunds. More details to follow!

• Ann June 11, 2016 at 6:05 pm #

I am not talking about Price change refunds. It’s about the browsing history that keeps being turned on!

• Fran June 13, 2016 at 12:11 pm #

What do you mean price change refunds? Thanks, Fran

• ANN June 13, 2016 at 6:37 pm #

read Steve Krause’s statement! He is first talking about Amazon browsing history and then changes to “refund” ! What gives?

2. Rich June 10, 2016 at 3:26 am #

WOW. I never knew Amazon kept a browsing history? Yep, everything I ever looked at on Amazon is there! Will stay tuned! Thank you!

3. Jack July 25, 2016 at 9:05 pm #

Steve, Austin, please answer Ann’s question! About Amazon turning back on the browsing history. It’s a real pain to keep a surprise gift from my wife. Regardless of your comments to the contrary, I suspect there is no permanent way.

• Ann July 29, 2016 at 5:34 am #

Thanks, Jack. Just like everyone else, everyone want to know what we do, regardless of misleading instructions!