Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Insider Build 19577
Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 preview build 19577 to Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s a look at what to expect.
Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 preview build 19577 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This latest build has few front-facing features but does include a list of fixes and improvements. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 Preview Build 19577
In this build, the company is continuing optional updates with drivers. According to the post: “During this experiment, drivers categorized as “optional” will not be automatically downloaded and installed on Windows Insider’s PCs running Build 19536 and newer.”
It is also adding features to Cortana, updated the behavior of advanced startup, and more.
Here is the list of fixes contained in today’s latest Insider build:
- We fixed an issue where input would stop working in some places if clipboard history (WIN + V) was dismissed without pasting anything.
- We fixed an issue resulting in extra characters in the message in File Explorer when no files were listed yet in Recent Files.
- We fixed an issue where, when setting up Windows Hello while using the Arabic display language, the box tracking progress of setup wouldn’t line up with your face.
- We fixed an issue where preferred SafeSearch settings (Settings > Search > Permissions & History) were no longer persisting upgrade.
- We fixed an issue which caused the microphone to sometimes not work on certain devices from Builds 19559 to 19569. If you continue seeing issues with your microphone, please file a problem report in Feedback Hub with “recreate my problem” logs.
- We fixed an issue impacting Explorer.exe reliability when navigating in File Explorer for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue where using Restart Manager API to restart explorer.exe would result in all open UWP apps being closed as well.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the DWM crashing when inking on your PC.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Outlook crashing if you typed too many characters into the To field using the Korean IME.
- We fixed an issue where, when using Storage Sense to clean up Windows.old, it might not be totally removed.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings hanging when accessing Windows Update Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the Family & Other Accounts page wouldn’t finish loading for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the system potentially bugchecking upon toggling Bluetooth ON and OFF after waking back from sleep.
- We fixed an issue for local account users where, until rebooting, night light would no longer work after attaching your Microsoft account.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the machine not rebooting and kicking off the scan when you selected Microsoft Defender Offline Scan in Windows Security.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Update failing with error 0x80070002 for some users.
- We fixed a high hitting DWM crash that some Insiders were experiencing.
Important: Windows 10 Insider builds are meant for IT admins, coders, and Windows power user enthusiasts who want to test out new features. If you’re not an experienced user don’t install these builds on your primary production PC. Preview builds contain many bugs and stability issues. In fact, with this latest build there is a healthy list of known issues.
For more on this build’s known issues and workarounds make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post.
Also, note that the Fast ring works differently since the testing of 20H1. The next version is in active development branched called RS_PreRelease. Features that show up in Insider builds moving forward may or may not show up in future stable releases.