Microsoft Releases Windows 10 20H1 Build 19035
Microsoft today released Windows 10 20H1 build 19035 to Insiders in both the Fast and Slow rings. Here’s a look at what to expect.
Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 20H1 build 19035 to Insiders in both the Fast and Slow rings. This version follows up build 19033 which was released last week. The company is near the finalization of this build so there are aren’t any notable front-facing features. Similar to other builds of late today’s release contains mainly fixes and overall system improvements.
Windows 10 20H1 Preview Build 19035
Here is the list of fixes and improvements included in today’s latest build:
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- We’ve completed the experiment related to how we deliver driver updates through Windows Update. Devices that were involved in the experiment will no longer see the Optional Updates link under Settings > Windows Update. This also resolves an issue where after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. Thanks to the Insiders who have provided feedback on this feature.
- We fixed an issue that could result in fingerprint (if enabled) sometimes unexpectedly not being offered as a sign-in option after waking your device from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that could result in certain apps not launching the first time you tried after resetting the app via Settings.
- Thank you for all the feedback you provided on the Store version of Notepad. At this time, we’ve decided not to roll this out to customers. Insiders may notice some changes as we remove this change from this build:
- If you pinned Notepad to your Taskbar or Start menu, you will need to re-pin after you upgrade to this new build.
- If you had certain file types set to open in Notepad by default, you will see a prompt when you try to open files of that type again and will need to re-select Notepad.
While 20H1 is near completion it is not final. And Microsoft notes that there is still more work that needs to be done. Just like all Insider preview builds this one has bugs and stability issues. Don’t install Insider builds on your main production machine. Instead, use a secondary PC for testing. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all known issues, changes, and workarounds.