How to Make the Kindle Fire Visible to Bluetooth Devices

When pairing Bluetooth devices, you need to make sure they see each other. By default, the Kindle Fire HD has Bluetooth Enabled, but it’s hidden and not broadcasting that it’s available.  If you are having difficulty pairing a keyboard, headset, computer, or another tablet with your Fire, follow these steps to make it visible.

Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification bar and tap More.

kf notifcation more menu

Select Wireless from the settings screen.

settings of kindle fire

On the Wireless page tap Bluetooth.

wireless > bluetooth

Here is where the “make visible” button isn’t very obvious. On the Bluetooth screen tap the Device’s Name.

not visible

This should set the Kindle Fire to be visible for two minutes so you can pair your devices. If you can’t get it set up quick enough, just click it again to give yourself another two minutes.

visible to all bluetooth devices near the kindle fire

, , ,

6 Responses to How to Make the Kindle Fire Visible to Bluetooth Devices

1. curtis brothdrs March 10, 2015 at 2:35 pm #

This -bluetooth- option does not appear on my wireless option at all. Can I pair with my k endless or not??????

2. Doug February 14, 2016 at 10:55 am #

This does not help with Bluetooth head sets. Kindel does not support bummer!

• Pete April 15, 2017 at 4:42 am #

Seems to be true with my headset as well. I wonder why headsets were excluded.

3. The Real Cie June 7, 2016 at 6:04 pm #

Thank you! Don’t know why they have to make it so damn difficult to find controls for things you’re likely to use.

4. Bruce Taylor June 20, 2016 at 10:01 pm #

My Kindle doesn’t see my Sony SRx33 bluetooth speaker. I was told Kindle doesn’t use the same Bluetooth protocall but there is an app I can download to help Kindle work with Sony.

Anybody know about that app?

5. Ernestine Maxwell December 27, 2016 at 11:14 am #

The Kindle sees the Bluetooth and the iPhone and I have been using both forever. It just suddenly now says they are both “not compatible”.