How To Manually Update to the Latest Version of Google Chrome

The Google Chrome browser is set to automatically update itself to the latest version – if you restart it that is. Most people probably close out of it and relaunch it everyday or few days. However, there are some (including me) who leave it open for days or even weeks with 50 tabs open, and we miss the updates.

I realized this was the case yesterday when I read about Google’s new “conversational search” feature. You can only use it with the latest version of Chrome.

To manually update to the latest version click the Options > About Google Chrome.

About Google Chrome

There you’ll see the current version you’re running and that an update is available. Click Relaunch and you’ll be running the latest version in no time.

7 Responses to How To Manually Update to the Latest Version of Google Chrome

1. fahad October 15, 2014 at 7:57 am #

when i open the about box
    the message appear
    update disabled by administrator
    but i didn’t do that
    and now i don’t know how to fix it

• davinder singh June 24, 2016 at 6:27 am #

same when i open the about box
      the message appear
      update failed (error:1)

• mulusew September 5, 2016 at 1:53 pm #

my chrome is old and in about it says [error 7] now, what can i do?

2. Karl August 27, 2016 at 6:28 pm #

Page is waaaay to busy to follow, making any constructive effort on your part, at least in my opinion, worthless. Sorry. You have come upon an honest man. They are no longer produced for the past two generations.

I would, honestly, like to know, in a way someone from my generation would understand….which people under 50 CANNOT SEEM TO COMPREHEND….how to MANUALLY update google chrome in my Windows XP computer.

Thank you.

• Mike September 7, 2016 at 1:00 pm #

Making it as simple as possible (I’m over 60, BTW), you cannot update Chrome on a Windows XP computer. As of November 2015, Google is no longer supporting or providing Chrome updates, for the XP, Vista, and MAC OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 operating systems as these system have reached EOF (tech speak for End Of Life). Perhaps you should consider a modern O/S as companies stopping support for obsolete systems will only continue to grow.

3. OnlyCat666 September 15, 2016 at 1:56 am #

Get a new computer lol

4. Dai September 18, 2016 at 2:07 am #

try uninstalling google chrome completely, by going to control panel, program and features and then click google chrome and unintall. after it’s done go to Internet explorer to search google chrome from it’s official site and download the latest version from ther