How To Remove Old Android Devices from Google Play Store List

If you switch between several Android devices and use the same Google account for each one, you’ll notice that the Google Play Store shows all of them when you want to install apps from your computer. This can sometimes get confusing. Here’s how to remove old devices from the list.

Note: This article has been updated to reflect the changes in the Google Play Store.

If your list looks like the one in the image below and you’re not using all of those devices, you’ll want to shed the old ones. The process is easy. And even though you can’t remove a device altogether, you can at least remove it from the Play Store list.

List of Android Devices

Remove Android Devices from Google Play Store List

Log in to the Google Play Store and click Settings (gear icon) on the top right side of the page, or click this link to get where you need to be easily.

Google Settings

On the next page you’ll see a list of all of the devices associated with your Google account. Just uncheck the ones you don’t want shown in the devices list anymore when installing apps.

My Devices

Also note that here you can rename your devices by clicking the Edit link on the right end of each device’s line, type in a new one, and hit Enter. You can change your email preferences from here too.

How many old Android devices do you have on your list? Do you usually install apps from the Play Store on your computer, or directly from the device? Leave a comment below and let us know what you do.

Also, for more Android tips, make sure to check out our new site called groovyAndroid. It’s a bit sparse right now, but we’re growing the amount of content regularly.

8 Responses to How To Remove Old Android Devices from Google Play Store List

1. Derek March 23, 2014 at 9:21 pm #

I don’t think you understand the meaning of the word “remove”.

• Stubugs June 18, 2014 at 8:25 am #

I’ve just followed Bogdan’s procedure and it’s certainly REMOVED my old tablet from the Google Play Store list which comes up when I want to install a new app!

• blobs September 16, 2014 at 5:33 pm #

@Stubugs. You obviously don’t understand the meaning of “REMOVE”. I also agree with Derek on this case. The explanation above only “HIDES” your device from the list of DEVICES that you want apps to be installed on the devices. This article is completely misleading in every possible ways.

2. Aaron July 28, 2014 at 9:53 pm #

My concern is that I installed an app from the play store (to emulate the Android OS on my PC)… now there is an additional phone in my listed devices… that device is located on the West coast of Africa. I didn’t use the software longe before deleting it, but now I am worried about the mystery phone and whether or not my account is vulnerable.

3. Logan August 21, 2014 at 8:52 am #

I installed Blue Stacks to my PC and used it to download a few apps from the GPlay store. I now have a Samsung Note with a Japanese telecom provider on my list.

I agree that “Remove” is not what these folks think it is.

4. Gil October 28, 2014 at 9:32 am #

How to REMOVE a device????
    is the question here,
    and not how to HIDE a device.

You DIDN’T answer the question!!!

5. Stubugs October 28, 2014 at 11:44 am #

@blobs No, sunshine! If you read my post much more carefully you’ll see the word “list”. The procedure certainly removed the unwanted equipment’ name from the LIST. End of!

6. Deependra Chaudhary October 31, 2014 at 4:35 am #

Thanks for sharing! It worked on my moto g2!