How to Enable Hidden Menus On an Android Phone

Open up advanced hidden menus on your Android phonePreviously we showed you how to pull up RTN information on your Android phone using a dial code.  Unfortunately, the process didn’t work for everyone and it seems only a handful of phones can use that method.  So this time around we have a solid method that doesn’t use a phone code.  Using a custom launcher, we’ll create a shortcut on the homescreen that will open up any hidden menu on your Android phone.

Before we get started, you’ll need to make sure you have an app installed that will add the “activities” option to your shortcut creator.

Requirements:

• An Android phone.  (I’ve only tested this on version 2.1 and higher)
  • A custom homescreen launcher, I suggest Launcher Pro. (it’s free!)
    ADW Launcher and others also work, but the steps below are shown using Launcher Pro.

All set?  Let’s get started.

Step 1

Go to your homescreen (using a custom launcher) and Long-Press on an empty spot
The “Add to Home screen” menu should appear; Tap Shortcuts.

This also works with ADW launcher, but the process is changed to Custom Shortcut > Pick your activity > Activities

long press the home screenuse the shortcuts menu

Step 2

From the next menu, Select Activities.*  Now you should be at a black screen with a list of phone activities.  Slide-down to whatever activity you can find with “hiddenmenu” in the name.  (e.g. on my Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G it was called com.android.hiddenmenu.)

Tap the hiddenmenu entry and then below you’ll see a list of all hidden menus on your phone.  From here you can access any one of them.

*Note this may be called something else if you are using a launcher other than Launcher Pro.

use the activities menufrom activities select the hiddenmenu category

Done!

Now you have a shortcut to one of your hidden menus on your homescreen, and you can keep adding them to your hearts content.  I first chose the RTN hidden menu because several people were wondering how to access it on phones that don’t support the # codes after reading our previous article.  I hope this helps you with your Android phone, and feel free to post a comment below with your results!

rtn shortcut on the homescreenrtn information menu pulled up via homescreen shortcut

18 Responses to How to Enable Hidden Menus On an Android Phone

1. Regravity May 17, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

Thats great if you are running certain roms.

I’ve got Launcher Pro, and CyanogenMod v7.03 on HTC Desire and I don’t have an option for com.android.hiddenmenu.

So either a) I don’t have hidden menus b) your method still doesn’t work for everyone.

2. Willem Schoonakker July 14, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

is it possible that i don’t have that menu on my wildfire? cause i can’t find it either :s

3. KR October 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm #

Found the list of hiddenmenus through LauncherPro as described above…do you know which one allows you to disable the full battery notification?!

4. Rakesh Jani October 30, 2011 at 4:33 am #

hi i have bought samsung galaxy s 2 gt9100 , first two day it didnt work at all then , i went to o2 store again , then they found problem in sim card but i want be sure that my mobile phone is brand new , shouldnt be refurbished one so i tried your both method but it didnt worked . so can u tell me if you have any solution for samsung s 2 . it would be great if you give me solution for my phone so that i am sure i am using brand new phone .thank you bye

5. Aimee November 29, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

Has anyone found a solution for the G2? This method doesn’t work and neither does the number one. I have searched everywhere but no go. I really want to know if Asurion screwed me again by sending me a refurbished phone.

6. Peter January 26, 2012 at 10:37 am #

##RTN# works only on CDMA phones. That means any phones using GSM (SIM Card) will not work.
    In U.S., only Sprint, Verizon (3G only not 4G LTE), MetroPCS (also 3G only not 4G LTE), Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Alltel, U.S. Cellular, and some other small MVNO’s (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) use CDMA.
    However, for those who uses MSL (Master Subsidy Lock) activation methods (despite those carriers using default ’000000′ MSL i.e. Verizon) uses ##RTN#. That means anyone using Sprint line (Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile) can only uses ##RTN#.
    I hope this clear any confusions.

7. Makara April 4, 2012 at 4:32 am #

Hi, I installed “Launcherpro” – but on my Samsung Galaxy S-2, I cannot find any “hidden” menu – any clues?

• cunt July 10, 2013 at 4:22 am #

can’t find it either

8. MtD April 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Worked exactly as explained on froyo Thanks!

9. Sabrina May 2, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

I too have a galaxy s II skyrocket from Asurion and need to know if they’re screwing me over because. of my experience dealing with them plus all of the bad reviews I’ve read.

10. SiliRat June 14, 2012 at 7:05 am #

The dialing codes do not work on my phone, and the launcher does not turn up any *.hiddenmenu options. I’m guessing Google has decided that vendors should have the right to rip us off

11. fewf4 July 28, 2012 at 12:28 am #

How do I check the RTN on an HTC ONE S?

12. cool September 15, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

No use

13. albanokofsha October 8, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

i found this
    while in launcher pro
    1- tap on screen antil menu apears and select “shortcuts”
    2- select “activities” a menu will apear
    3- from menu select “settings” a big menu will apear
    4- find “refurbish info” and tap it and select ok
    5- an icon will apear at screen tap it and refurbish counter will apper if 0 then phone is new
    i found this myself hope will help you

14. rastaman May 19, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

I downloaded launcher pro and open the activities menu but the hidden menu thing doesnt appear anywhere. i have a motorola xt912
    Please HELP i suspect that my phone is refurbished

15. Lovergrl June 23, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

your app is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!1 U ROCK

16. elreyrob June 25, 2013 at 12:35 am #

Sprint HTC evo 4LTE did not work … no hidden menu option

17. Shenal September 16, 2013 at 8:48 pm #

the above process of finding the refurbished status of samsung galaxy core i8262 did not worked properly.please tell me how to find the refurbished status of the new samsung galaxy core that runs on android JellyBean.in Sri Lanka here we use only GSM mobile phones.please answer soon.thanks.