Android: How To Disable or Change SIM PIN Code

There are people who just won’t use a PIN code on their SIM card. Maybe you’re one of those users, or maybe you just want to change your SIM card’s PIN code. Either way, we’ve got you covered.

android pin code

First, go to Settings in your Android device’s main menu.

android pin code settings

In the Settings menu, choose Security, then Set up SIM card lock.
android pin code securityandroid pin code set up sim card lock

First, here’s how to disable the SIM card PIN. All you have to do is to uncheck the box next to Lock SIM card, and then confirm the change by inputting the current PIN code. That’s it!

android pin code disable

To change the PIN code, click Change SIM PIN. Then, you’ll have to input the current code, followed by the new code – twice, so that you’re sure it’s verified.

android pin code change

There you go! You’ve just changed your SIM PIN code.

And in case you need to do so, here’s how to set up a screen lock on your Android device.

14 Responses to Android: How To Disable or Change SIM PIN Code

1. pakwing.com July 19, 2012 at 10:52 am #

this kind of tips are basic, and every body knows how to do this, do not post such type of posts, like how to clear android market history, how to check your android software version.

• Brian Burgess July 19, 2012 at 11:05 am #

Thanks for reading pakwing!. Not ALL of our readers know how to do everything on Android. We have readers who are beginners and experts alike. We want to accommodate everyone.

• Bogdan July 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

I actually wrote this tip after a couple of people asked me how to do it, so I guess not everybody knows how to do these things. Or maybe some people are just too lazy to look. In both cases, it could be helpful.

• Bipbip December 17, 2012 at 4:38 am #

You aren’t right. I for one have forgotten how to remove the PIN-code request, and after a Google search found this post very useful.

2. Kai May 16, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

how to unlock it? i tried and it wont let me uncheck the box :/

• Adi May 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm #

Same with mine Kai, my android suddenly locked sim card. Any sim card cannot be used to the android, and the simcard which locked in the android can be used in other phone.
      Please, who ever know how to solve this problem ?

• Bogdan Bele May 31, 2013 at 12:17 am #

If the card works in another phone, it must be something related to your Android device. You could try to master reset it and try after that (but you’ll lose all data in it).

3. alex leong February 13, 2014 at 7:35 pm #

my tablet sim card lock setting need me to key in the old sim pin number, but i totally forgot and can’t remember the number before i can change the sim card lock to a new number,
    can you show me the correct matter to track my old sim pin to correct it?
    thank.

• Bogdan Bele February 14, 2014 at 8:18 am #

Is the SIM locked with a PUK? You can get that from your mobile carrier if you enter a wrong PIN 3 times.

4. Name February 14, 2014 at 8:44 am #

Thanks dude, just googled it! useful info.

5. marco June 30, 2014 at 12:49 am #

I need to install a configuration message for the APN but it askes for a PIN.
    Is it the SIM PIN or what ? because whatever I insert, it doesn’t work.
    I also tried to remove the SIM PIN, to insert the old one, no way.

• Bogdan Bele June 30, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

I honestly haven’t heard about anything like that before. Have you tried asking your carrier? Maybe it’s something related to that message.

• marco June 30, 2014 at 11:09 pm #

I’ve read on the net that others had the same problem but didn’t find any solution. I’ll go to the shop and ask. When I bought the phone (Shengda SM-N900) all was ok, then I rooted it, installed some apps and started having problems with the phone calls, noisy. So I did a factory reset and from that moment I cannot send messages and cannot install configuration messages. I wanted to make a factory format but if I reboot the phone in download mode, it’s in Chinese and don’t understand a word.