Apple today is rolling out iOS and iPadOS 13.3.1 which includes minor fixes and improvements for iPhone and iPad. There are also minor updates for Apple TV and Apple Watch.
Apple today released iOS and iPadOS 13.3.1 which contains several bug fixes for the mobile OS including issues with Mail, FaceTime, Photo editing, and more. Here’s a look at what to expect.
iOS 13.3.1 for iPhone and iPadOS 13.3.1 for iPad
There are several bugs fixes in today’s update including a Communication Limits workaround that lets kids add contacts without entering a Screen Time passcode. It also addresses issues with editing Deep Fusion photos taken on iPhone 11 and fixes issues related to the Mail app.
In addition, this update fixes a location tracking bug that Apple received scrutiny over last month. The issue was the newest iPhones were still requesting location data even though all tracking was disabled in Settings.
According to the company, this was due to the new U1 chip in the iPhone 11 models. And with this update users can “control the use of location services by the U1 Ultra Wideband chip.”
You can grab the update by heading to Settings > General > Software Update. Then tap the “Download and Install” button. Keep in mind your device will need to restart to complete the update process. So, you’ll want to find a convenient time to install it.
Today minor updates are rolling out to Apple TV with tvOS 13.3.1 and Apple Watch with watchOS 6.1.2
iOS 13.3.1 Release Notes
Here is the full list of what’s fixed in iOS 13.3.1 according to Apple:
- Fixes an issue in Communication Limits that could allow a contact to be added without entering the Screen Time passcode
- Adds a setting to control the use of location services by the U1 Ultra Wideband chip
- Addresses an issue that could cause a momentary delay before editing a Deep Fusion photo taken on iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro
- Resolves an issue with Mail that could cause remote images to load even when the “Load Remote Images” setting is disabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause multiple undo dialogs to appear in Mail
- Addresses an issue where FaceTime could use the rear facing ultra-wide camera instead of the wide camera
- Resolves an issue where push notifications could fail to be delivered over Wi-Fi
- Addresses a CarPlay issue that could cause distorted sound when making phone calls in certain vehicles
- Introduces support for Indian English Siri voices for HomePod