If your iPhone’s passcode is compromised, you need to change it quickly. So here’s how to change the passcode on iPhone.
A secure passcode that only you know is vital to your iPhone’s security. You can use Face ID on modern iPhones, but if this fails, your passcode remains your last-resort security.
If you think someone else has your iPhone passcode, it’s a good idea to change it immediately. To do that, you’ll need to know how to change the passcode on your iPhone. We’ll explain how to do this below.
How to Change the Passcode on iPhone
Changing the passcode on an iPhone will improve its security, especially if you think it’s been compromised. Luckily, changing your iPhone passcode is easier than you think.
To change the passcode on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Touch & Passcode or Face ID & Passcode (depending on the model).
- Enter your current passcode to continue.
- Scroll down the list and tap the Change Passcode option.
- Type in your current passcode again on the Change Passcode screen.
- When the option to enter your new passcode appears, type in the new passcode you want to use. Ensure it’s something you’ll remember. However, head to the following step if you want additional options.
- To use a passcode that’s not a standard 6 or a 4-digit number and is more secure (like an alphanumeric passcode), tap Passcode Options.
- Here you can select between Custom Alphanumeric Code, Custom Numeric Code, or 4-Digit Numeric Code.
- An Alphanumeric code contains letters and numbers.
- A Custom Numeric Code allows only letters or only numbers.
- A 4-Digit Numeric Code is simply four numbers.
- Select which method you want to use and tap Next.
- After making your decision, type in your new passcode a second time and tap Done.
That’s all you need to do to change the passcode on iPhone. You’ll need to enter the new passcode you created to sign in after changing it.
Better Security on iPhone
Using the steps above, you can quickly change the passcode on an iPhone. We’d recommend doing this on a regular basis, just in case.
When it comes to security, the iPhone includes a lot of useful features, like the ability to block ad tracking. We’d also recommend updating apps on your iPhone regularly to ensure you have the latest security and bug fixes installed.