Microsoft released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile 10586 to insiders in the fast ring. The update will bring your preview built to version 10586.29, and it brings improvements to the upgrade experience, Bluetooth, universal apps, and more.
Windows 10 Mobile Update 10586.29
In his blog post, Gabe states, “Today we are releasing our first Cumulative Update to the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586 to Insiders that begins addressing this feedback.”
The announcement also states that new devices will be available to Insiders next week, as well as an update to the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Additional devices available to Windows Insiders early next week:
- LG Lancet
- Microsoft Lumia 550
- Microsoft Lumia 950
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
Here’s a look at what’s new in this update and the issue’s fixed based on Insider feedback:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
To grab this latest update, on your Windows Phone, head to Settings > Update & Security > Phone update. And let us know how things are going after you install the update in the comment section below.