Microsoft launched the latest Preview Build 16184 for Insiders in the Fast ring on Friday, April 28th. This version (codenamed Redstone 3) brings back the “My People” feature which was removed from test build 15014 in January.
Windows 10 Preview Build 16184
My People is a feature that was originally introduced on Windows Phone and makes it easier to connect to your most important contacts. Microsoft exec Dona Sarkar writes: “Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker – My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.”
You can also pin people to the taskbar (currently limited to three), view multiple communication apps together, and choose which chat app you want to use and it will be remembered for the next time you use the program.
Also included is a new experience for Gmail accounts that you’ve added to Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps. New features include the ability to use Focused Inbox and richer experiences for travel reservations and package deliveries that were currently only available to Outlook.com or Office 365 accounts.
Other new features and improvements include the following:
- We fixed an issue where night light could get stuck in a disabled state.
- We’ve updated Start to use the improved XAML scrollbar style announced during Creators Update development.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where dragging an app from Start’s All apps list into the tile grid would result in Start crashing.
- We fixed an issue for those using Windows in Japanese, where on the first login after an upgrade certain apps would unexpectedly appear at the bottom of the Start’s All apps list for an hour or until being launched, instead of the normally sorted position.
- Since the preview picture in Start Settings only previewed background and theming changes, which are already available to be previewed on their corresponding Settings pages, we’ve made the decision to remove it.
- We’ve improved the loading performance of the Notification Settings page.
- Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in Photos crashing if you opened a picture from the Collection page and then pressed the back button in the title back.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Counter Strike Global Offensive hanging or freezing during gameplay on the latest builds (16176+).
- We fixed the issue where pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
As always you can grab this latest build by heading to Settings > Update & security > Windows update. Check out the Microsoft Experience blog for the full changelog as well as known issues for this build.