Apple isn’t the only one rolling out updates for it OS and devices. On the heels of last week’s cumulative update KB3116908, Microsoft today rolled out Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3116900 and brings the build version to 10586.29.
This latest update also resolves some security vulnerabilities in the OS including Microsoft Edge and IE, and includes improvements to Windows 10 functionality.
Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3116900
As always you’ll get this latest update automatically, but if you don’t want to wait, you can grab it manually by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Here’s a look at the summary of this latest update according to the Microsoft Support Knowledgebase:
The security update for Windows 10 that is dated December 8, 2015, includes improvements in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- 3119075 MS15-135: Security update for Windows kernel mode drivers to address elevation of privilege: December 8, 2015
- 3116130 MS15-133: Security updates for Windows RMCAST to address elevation of privilege: December 8, 2015
- 3116162 MS15-132: Security updates for Windows to address elevation of privilege: December 8, 2015
- 3104503 MS15-128: Security updates for Microsoft graphics component to address remote code execution: December 8, 2015
- 3116178 MS15-126: Security updates for Microsoft VBScript and JScript to address remote code execution: December 8, 2015
- 3116184 MS15-125: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: December 8, 2015
- 3116180 MS15-124: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: December 8, 2015
As is usually the case with new Cumulative Updates, a restart is required and, if you have notifications enabled, you should see it pop up on your screen.
Remember, too, that you can always schedule the restart for a time that works best for you. For more on that, read our guide on how to schedule Windows 10 Update restarts.
After restarting, launch Run from the hidden quick access menu and type: winver and hit Enter.
You’ll find that this update brought up the build number from 10586.17 up to 10586.29.
After installing this latest update, let us know if you notice any improvements or problems with your system in the comments below.