Plex is adding more features for its Plex Pass subscribers. This week the company announced two new features coming out of Plex Labs. It includes an amp to make your music sound better to your liking and an app called Plex Dash which will improve server administration. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
The Plexamp feature allows you to create a better audio experience. It features a parametric EQ, Sweet Fades, and a loudness leveling solution.
In addition, Plexamp features the following:
- Clean and elegant design that makes it easy to search and explore your library
- Mix Builder to design your own mix or radio station, or browse your personal charts to see your favorite music across time
- Once you find the music you love, download it for easy offline listening
- Plexamp is available on five platforms: iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux
The Plex Dash feature is a new single-purpose app that’s dedicated to Plex server administration. It includes the following:
- See all playbacks, even across multiple servers
- New ways to edit your artwork and make your library look even nicer
- More administrative power, such as scanning for new media, fixing incorrect matches, checking on server resource usage, tweaking library settings, and viewing server logs live.
After a free 30-day trial a Plex Pass subscription costs $8.99 per month and if you do the TIDAL addon it’s just $18.99 per month. In addition to the above features, there is more. You get options like the ability to record over-the-air TV, movie and TV extras, premium photos, and access to premium music via TIDAL, and a lot more.
Plex continues to add more features for non-Plex Pass subscribers, too. For example, you can watch free movies and tv with Plex. Content there includes movies and shows from major studios like Warner Bros, Lionsgate, and others.
For more on these two new features check out the Plex blog for additional details.