Apple has announced the new iPad 3 and the suppositions were right – one of its most impressive features is its display, which has a larger-than-Full HD resolution – 2,048 x 1,536 pixels with over 3.1 million pixels. This is the best display released yet on a mobile or tablet device and according to Apple, many applications have already been optimized for the new display (and more on the way of course).
Here are some of the other essential features of the new Apple tablet.
- The iPad 3 is running on an A5X chip, with quad-core graphics, allowing a much better gaming experience.
- 5 megapixel iSight camera with the optics of the iPhone 4S. And what’s even nicer is that it can capture 1080p video.
- Voice dictation, which means it will translate what you tell it to text. And no, this is not an upgrade version of Siri.
- On par with our write-up last week, the new tablet includes 4G LTE support, which will allow very fast data speeds. It also features a hotspot feature for those who want to light up an entire room with 4G WIFI.
- Extended Battery Life – Users will get a full 10 hours w/4G. Not bad!
Availability for the new iPad is March 16th and prices will start . Prices will start at start at $499 and North American partners mentioned are AT&T, Verizon, Bell, Rogers and Telus.
The new devices can be preordered today however you probably will want to give it a few hours. I just tried to hit the Pre-order site and it looks like they are a little busy over at Apple right now. Not surprising I guess but you would think they would have been a bit more prepared…
Looks like Apple needs to buy a few new Web Servers. I wonder if you can run those on the new iPad?