While we wait for the official and final release of Windows 10 version 1803, the next version, Redstone 5, was updated for Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring. Microsoft today rolled out preview Build 17634 and it includes a small number of new features and improvements. Namely, this build provides the ability to search the Windows 10 Calendar apps, Cortana Show Me, and support for voice queries. Here is a look at what to expect.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17634
Search in Windows 10 Calendar allows you to find future and past events by searching for the name, location, people, or other keywords of the event. Ones that match your query will be highlighted, while ones that do not will be greyed out. Microsoft adds, “Search will work for Outlook, Hotmail, Live and Office 365 accounts. We do not yet support searching Exchange Server, Gmail, Yahoo or other IMAP calendars.”
In addition to the features listed above, here is the list of other general fixes and improvements in this new build:
- We fixed an issue where typing in the Microsoft Edge URL bar immediately after opening a new tab might result in the letters appearing in an unexpected order.
- We fixed an issue when opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file.
- We fixed an issue where PDFs displayed using Microsoft Edge would shrink after refreshing the page when using a DPI scaling > 100%.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager not showing the application title in the process name for open Visual Studio projects.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the UAC dialog potentially not rendering correctly in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain devices with BitLocker enabled unexpectedly booting into BitLocker recovery in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel would close after typing an accent in certain languages.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
Of course, as is the case with all preview builds, this one has known issues and other changes. Make sure to read Microsoft’s post for a full accounting of all known issues, features, and developer notes.
If you are an Insider and part of the Redstone 5 testing, let us know how things are working for you in the comments below. Or, for more discussion and troubleshooting advice, check out our Windows 10 Forums.