The Microsoft team is burning the midnight oil as it continues to push out new builds of Windows 10 Creators Update to Insiders in the Fast ring at a furious pace. This evening the company announced the release of Build 15063 for PC and Mobile. Windows Insider program leader, Dona Sarkar, tweeted the following a few minutes after 9:00 PM CST.
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) March 21, 2017
Today’s Insider Preview comes after Build 15061 for PCs which ended up being the third in just one week. While the builds last week were for PC only, this time Mobile users are included.
Windows 10 Creators Update build 15063 for PC & Mobile
Don’t expect any new features during this is the final stretch of builds. These that are meant to fix bugs and introduce overall improvements to the OS under the hood. Here’s what’s improved and fixed for PC according to Dona Sarkar:
- We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.
And here’s a look at what’s improved and fixed for Mobile:
- We fixed the bug causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and also preventing any app updates from the Store from working. Thank you all for sending us feedback around this.
- We fixed the bug causing background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Background tasks should be working again as expected and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive again.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost if your device experiences an unexpected reboot.
- Speech Packs should download and install normally.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders with certain cars resulting in connection failures after pairing Bluetooth.
- We fixed an issue where replacing the default APN for LTE on the phone wouldn’t work.
To grab this latest update verify you’re in the Fast ring and head to Settings > Update & security > Windows update for PC and Settings > Update & security > Phone update for Mobile. And, remember that a restart is required to complete the install process for both versions.
As with all preview builds there are known issues and in this case, there are separate issues for both PC and Mobile. Head to this Microsoft Blog post to see the full changelog.