Microsoft today rolled out Windows 10 19H1 preview build 18262 for Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. While the company is still struggling to get the October 2018 Update rolled out, it is still moving forward with the next feature update. Today’s new build has some interesting news when it comes to the built-in apps. This build allows you to easily uninstall apps like Groove Music, My Office, Snip & Sketch. It even allows you to uninstall “core apps” like Mail, Calendar, and Movies & TV.
Windows 10 Preview Build 18262
Build 18262 includes troubleshooting improvements where you can go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot to fix issues. It also includes Narrator improvements and DPI Awareness in Task Manager.
In addition to the features listed above, here is a list of the general improvements and fixes:
- We fixed an issue resulting in App History being blank in Task Manager in the last flight.
- We fixed an issue from the previous flight resulting in Task Manager’s icon in the notification area of the taskbar not staying visible while Task Manager was open.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the upgrade to the previous flight potentially failing with error This same issue could have resulted in Office products not launching, services not starting, and/or your credentials not being accepted on the login screen after first upgrading until rebooting.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would crash in the last few flights if in Ease of Access you clicked “Apply” on Make Text Bigger.
- We fixed an issue where Settings in the last few flights might crash in the last few flights when clicking Check for updates or applying an updated Active Hours range.
- We fixed an issue where Notepad wasn’t listed on the Set Defaults by App page in Settings.
- When adding a new language in Settings, we now offer separate options for installing the language pack and setting the language as the Windows display language. We also show separate options for installing the Speech recognition and Text-to-speech features, when these features are available for the language.
- We’ve updated the Printers & Scanners page in Settings to now include a link straight to the troubleshooter in case you need it.
- Some Insiders may notice some changes to clipboard history – more details later.
- We fixed an issue resulting in File Explorer not launching if invoked from a pinned Start tile when in Tablet Mode.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the brightness sometimes resetting to 50% after a reboot.
Of course, since this is an early preview build, expect it to contain plenty of bugginess. Make sure to read the full blog post for all the known issues and workarounds for both users and developers.