Microsoft on Wednesday rolled out Windows 10 Preview Build 16294 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This is the second release this week which comes on the heels of Preview Build 16291 which was released on Tuesday. The company is in the stabilization phase of development for the Fall Creators Update which is set to roll out to everyone October 17, 2017. Since that date is just around the corner, the company is rolling out new builds to Insiders at a rapid pace.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294
As is usually the case with build leading up to the final release, there are no new features. This build includes mostly bug fixes and general under-the-hood improvements. Here is a list of the fixes you can expect in this most recent build according to Dona Sarkar’s announcement:
- This build has the fix for the bug that was causing some Surface Pro 3 devices to end up in a “unbootable” state where the Windows OS will not load and it appears to be stuck on a “spinning dots” screen. After installing this build, Surface Pro 3 devices should no longer get into this state. If you have a Surface Pro 3 in a bad state – follow the instructions on this forum post to get back up and running.
- We fixed an issue on Dutch builds where explorer could go into a crash loop if an app-requested downloads notification popped up from OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue where expand.exe couldn’t expand CABs that contained Japanese characters in the file name.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in window content being transparent (but showing the window frame) or stale after unlocking your desktop.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing error 0x800B010C when attempting to upgrade to the last few flights.
Dona also notes that while this build is rolling out, it might not be available for everyone at the same time. “This build might not be available for everyone as it rolls out so just be patient,” writes Sarkar. This is probably a good note to include since there were issues getting Build 16288 out to everyone over a course of a couple days.