Microsoft today rolled out Windows 10 Build 16291 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This one comes after last week’s Insider Build 16288 which a lot of Insiders had problems downloading. Again, there aren’t any major new features since this is the stabilization phase of the development cycle of the Fall Creators Update. While this build does include plenty of bug fixes, there is a new feature for mobile and Cortana.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291
Resume from phones to PC with Cortana. You can now resume articles from iPhone or Android smartphones to PC from within the Cortana app.
Here’s a look at the other general changes, improvements, and fixes that you can expect in this most recent build according to Dona Sarkar’s announcement:
- We fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update’s update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you’d just done.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- We fixed an issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- We fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
It’s also worth noting that Insiders who are using a Surface Pro 3 might hit a bug that causes it to end up in an “unbootable” state where it appears stuck and won’t load past the “spinning dots” screen. If you end up experiencing this issue, you should check out this forum post for the workaround.
We’re just a few weeks away from the final release of this new Windows 10 feature update. Are you looking forward to upgrading to the new version, or not so much? Let us know in the comment section below.