Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 Insider preview build 20150 to the Dev Channel (Formerly known as the Fast ring). Today’s release follows up last week’s build 19645. Similar to other Insider builds of late there, other than some WSL improvements, are no front-facing features but there is a list of fixes and general changes included with today’s release. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 Preview Build 20150
Here’s a look at the general changes and improvements included in today’s new build:
- With this week’s build, we’ll be starting to roll out the new search box on the default app settings pages As part of this, we’ve done some work to improve the performance of the search box.
- The new Korean IME is now available again for Insiders to use.
- Based on feedback, we’re updating the text of the Settings > Privacy > Location page to clarify that the icon displayed when your location is being used will be displayed in the taskbar.
And here is a list of the new fixes you can expect:
- We fixed an issue resulting in Visual Studio windows not consistently accepting clicks.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the Documents and Downloads sections in Settings > Privacy was showing a broken icon next to their name (just a rectangle).
- We fixed an issue where, if you paused Windows Update while a new build was downloading and then closed Settings, when you reopened Settings the Windows Update page may appear blank.
- We fixed an issue where updates made when editing VPN networks in Settings might not persist.
- We fixed an issue where the copy button under Settings > Network & Internet-Status > Properties wasn’t actually copying the content to the clipboard.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the data usage number in Network & Internet Settings not displaying correctly in Japanese if the data usage was less than 1 MB.
- We fixed a crash some Insiders were experiencing when opening Sound Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the Optimize Drives window position wasn’t preserved on elevation.
- We fixed a typo in the group policies under User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component > File Explorer > Do not move deleted files to the Recycle Bin.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the On-Screen Keyboard no longer displaying text predictions.
- We fixed an issue where double-clicking a OneDrive file in File Explorer might unexpectedly show a notification saying, “Windows Defender SmartScreen is downloading from OneDrive.”
- We fixed an issue where Resource Monitor could end up showing CPU usage at more than 100 percent.
- We fixed an issue that could result in qaa-Latn unexpectedly appearing in your list of keyboards after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue where, with multiple input methods, typing in your password incorrectly on the login screen would result in your keyboard changing back to your default input method (if that’s not what you were typing with).
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard space bar label would disappear when pressing it while using Japanese curve-flick input in abc mode.
- We fixed an issue that could result in your browser not launching in the foreground after selecting a web link from another app.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Search not accepting typed input.
- We fixed an issue where, if pinned to Start, the Windows Security app tile would be missing an icon when the tile was medium sized.
- We’ve made some updates to improve performance of the Windows Security app if there are a large number of detections.
- We fixed a few issues that could result in your PC bugchecking.
Keep in mind that Insider builds are meant for coders, IT admins, and Windows enthusiasts who want to test new features and submit feedback to Microsoft.
These builds are not meant for inexperienced users. They are also not meant to run on your primary production machine. Insider builds contain many known stability issues that can cause your system to become unstable or even crash.
For more on this build’s full list of changes, known issues, and workarounds make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post.