Microsoft today released Windows 10 Build 19619 to Insiders in the Fast ring. Today’s release follows last week’s build 19613 which included few front-facing features. Similar to other builds of late this one also has few features. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 Preview Build 19619
It does include a new COVID-19 banner in Search Home as well as more improvements to the Your Phone app.
Here is the general changes and improvements:
- If the Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity, the error now tells you that’s the issue.
Here is the list of fixes contained in today’s build:
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds. This is also believed to be the root cause of some Insiders experiencing their PC frequently freezing.
- We fixed an issue while typing into the browser that could result in the Japanese IME unexpectedly being in Private mode even though the browser wasn’t in inPrivate mode.
- We fixed an issue causing many Schannel errors to appear in the System event log.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected characters showing up in the text strings of intl.cpl’s Additional Settings > Currency.
- We fixed an issue resulting in stordiag.exe crashing on launch if you tried to open it while running a repro mode trace while filing feedback under the “Disks and Storage” context in the Feedback Hub.
Keep in mind that Insider builds are meant for coders, IT admins, and Windows enthusiasts who want to test out new features and submit feedback to Microsoft.
These builds are not meant for inexperienced users. And not meant to be installed on your primary production system. Insider builds contain many stability issues.
For more on this build’s full list of changes, known issues, and workarounds make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post.