Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 preview build 19608 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This release follows up build 19603 which was released last week. This build contains few front-facing features but does introduce changes to the Your Phone app and the default app experience. Here’s a look at what to expect.
Windows 10 Preview Build 19608
The company is adding a search box to the default app experience. According to the announcement, “We’re adding the ability to search the lists of file types, protocols, and apps when setting a default.”
The Your Phone app is getting a new way to seamlessly drag and drop files between your devices. There are also some UI changes that make the overall appearance of Your Phone modern.
In addition, Microsoft is adding a few changes. Including the following:
- We fixed an issue where Sticky Notes windows couldn’t be moved.
- We fixed an issue resulting in language packs failing to install on the previous build. Anyone impacted by this may have noticed some parts of the UI weren’t displaying in your preferred language.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing an incorrect icon for Microsoft Edge Canary.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Snip & Sketch App launching in the background instead of foreground (on top of all windows) when the app was invoked via pen click.
- We fixed an issue where using the arrow keys in the taskbar volume flyout was unexpectedly backwards in Arabic, inconsistent from the direction it went in other slider controls.
- We’ve done some work to improve the performance when loading the Windows Update history page.
Keep in mind that Insider builds are meant for coders, IT admins, and Windows enthusiasts who want to test out new features and submit feedback to Microsoft.
These builds are not meant for inexperienced users. And not meant to be installed on your primary production system. Insider builds contain many stability issues.
For more on this build’s full list of changes, known issues, and workarounds make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post.