Microsoft today released Windows 10 20H1 preview build 18922 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This latest version comes on the heels of last week’s build 18917 which included WSL 2. Today’s new build includes improvements to language settings, Feedback Hub, and other system changes and updates. Here is a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 20H1 Build 18922
Improvements to Language Settings includes a new overview section that lets you view your settings at a glance. The team has also reorganized the language features install page with added tooltips and descriptions.
The Feedback Hub is also getting a new “Find Similar Feedback” section. This allows you to find out if there is similar feedback to your own while submitting it. You can also link your feedback to that existing feedback from other users.
In addition to the changes above here is the list of other general changes and improvements to this build:
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0x80010105 when updating to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0xc0000005 when updating to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where the Action Center background was unexpectedly opaque in the quick action section.
- We fixed an issue where if you used the spacebar to switch to a different Focus assist state in Settings, keyboard focus would unexpectedly jump to the Have a Question? Section.
- We fixed an issue with the Bopomofo IME where the character width would suddenly change to Full width from Half width.
- We’ve added a tip to the Bopomofo IME settings that Ctrl + Space can be used for toggling conversation mode.
- We fixed an issue where, when using the Japanese IME with Excel, if you’d turned off Japanese input-mode by clicking the input-mode indicator, the input-mode would revert back to “Hiragana” every time focus moved to another cell.
- Based on feedback, we’ve updated the Chinese Pinyin IME settings to now refer to Default mode, rather than Input mode.
- We fixed an issue for some of the Insiders with the updated File Explorer search experience, resulting in suggested results in the search dropdown not responding when clicked. Thanks for reporting this!
- We’ve made a few small design tweaks to the updated Windows Ink Workspace, including changing the overflow menu button to new use an ellipsis icon. Note – this feature update is still in the process of rolling out.
- We’re now starting to roll out the updated Settings header again after addressing an issue with the OneDrive entry – appreciate your patience!
Remember, 20H1 is the Insider build that is the feature update expected for Spring of 2020. We’re still waiting for Microsoft to release 19H2 which is the next feature update for this coming Fall. So, you can expect a lot of bugs and issues for both users and developers. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issues, and workarounds.