Microsoft today released Windows 10 20H1 build 19028 to Insiders in the Fast ring. Today’s build follows build 19025 which rolled out last Friday. Similar to other recent builds there are no new features to report. But there is a list of fixes and overall system improvements. Here’s a look at what’s new.
Windows 10 20H1 Preview Build 19028
Here is the list of fixes and changes added to today’s latest build:
- We fixed a recent issue that could result in Settings crashing when docking/undocking your device. This issue may have also impacted Action Center launch performance.
- We fixed an issue impacting the performance of the Printers & Scanners section of Settings loading.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Other People section under Storage Settings not displaying the correct size used.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update history in Settings saying a Cumulative Update required a reboot, despite it already being installed. This occurred when a Feature on Demand had installed while the cumulative update was originally pending reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Photos app crashing when interacting with HEVC images.
Keep in mind that with Insider builds you can expect a lot of bugs and stability issues for both users and developers alike. You don’t want to install Insider builds on your main production machine. Instead, use a secondary machine for testing. Also, make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issues, and workarounds.