Microsoft has been busy today. The company is releasing Windows 10 1909 November 2019 Update, cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 for Patch Tuesday, and a new build for 20H1 for Insiders.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 20H1 Build 19023 to Insiders in the Fast ring. Today’s release follows last week’s build 19018 which included some improvements to Search as well as overall system fixes and improvements. Today’s build is light on new features but also includes several fixes and improvements.
When a build cycle gets to this point it means the final version is close to being completed. Here’s a look at what’s new.
Windows 10 20H1 Build 19023
Here’s a look at the new changes and fixes in this latest Insider build for 20H1:
- We resolved an issue where, if a build attempted to download and install before you had completed the first log in of a prior install (such as Build 19013), you would experience a 2-hour window before you could install this new build.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a lag processing input when running a video fullscreen.
- We fixed an issue where the quick action section in the Action Center was slightly off-center in the last few builds.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Cortana’s voice activation setting switching from on back to off after explorer.exe restarted, or if you rebooted your PC.
- Just a reminder for Insiders, that as of the previous flight, based on feedback, we’ve decided to remove the downloads folder from Disk Cleanup. If you liked having this option, it’s still available via Storage Settings
Keep in mind that with Insider builds you can expect a lot of bugs. And other stability issues for both users and developers alike. You don’t want to install Insider builds on your main production machine. Instead, use a secondary laptop for testing.
This build has known issues related to Sandbox and WDAG from working properly. Microsoft a fix is coming soon. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issues, and workarounds.