Microsoft today is releasing Windows 10 20H1 preview build 19002 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This comes on the heels of last week’s build 18999 which included the ability to make phone calls from your PC with the Your Phone app. Today’s build is light on new features but does include a lengthy list of fixes and overall system improvements. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Windows 10 20H1 Preview Build 19002
In this build Microsoft is continuing to improve the Bluetooth experience. With build 18985 a streamlined way to pair your Bluetooth devices started rolling out to some insiders. It allows you to easily pair your device without having to dig through the Settings menu to pair your devices. Now, the improved Bluetooth pairing experience is available to 100% of Insiders.
In addition to the improvements to Bluetooth, here is the list of changes, fixes, and improvements included in today’s build:
- We fixed an issue that could result in upgrades failing with error 0x8007042b.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the acrylic effect in the Action Center only appearing after the Action Center opening animation had finished.
- We fixed an issue where with multiple monitors and different DPIs, the File Explorer search box could become enlarged and offset.
- We fixed an issue with the search indexer resulting in unexpected files being returned as search results when searching using French (France).
- We fixed an issue for Japanese users where the user name in the Settings header wasn’t displayed in the correct order.
- We fixed an issue resulting in clipboard history, WIN+(Period), and the touch keyboard displaying English text when being used with non-English display languages.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in devices not reconnecting after toggling Bluetooth off and back on.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the VPN sometimes not automatically connecting after waking your device from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the brightness getting stuck at 0 or 100% and requiring a reboot before it could be changed.
- Text cursor indicator works better in more experiences (e.g. Word, Run dialog, Outlook) now.
- The Magnifier centered text cursor option should now work correctly when switching Magnifier modes.
- We fixed the mouse pointer visual when using the Magnifier docked mode.
- We fixed a bug where Narrator was not saying the state of Scan mode when Edge was opened or closed.
- We fixed a bug in Narrator where Narrator sometimes say password twice when focus was in a password edit field.
- We fixed a bug in Narrator where scan mode was getting stuck in edit fields in Firefox.
- We’ve made some general improvements and bug fixes for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), please see the WSL release notes for details.
- If you were one of the Insiders experiencing frequent explorer.exe crashes recently, please go to the Microsoft Store and check for Xbox game bar app updates (specifically version 3.34.4xx should have the fix). If you’re on this app version and still seeing explorer.exe crashes, please file feedback and we will investigate.
- Just a heads up that we’re expanding the rollout of the Settings header to more Insiders, so it may now appear for you when it hadn’t before. As always, we welcome feedback about Settings – in the Feedback Hub you can share it under Desktop Environment > Settings.
Windows 10 20H1 is the code name for an Insider build that will include the feature the updates we expect to see next Spring. Microsoft announced that build 19H2 will basically be a service pack which is expected in the coming weeks.
With Insider builds you can expect a lot of bugs and other issues for both users and developers alike. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issues, and workarounds.