Microsoft today released Windows 10 19H1 preview build 18358 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This is the second Insider build of the week and comes on the heels of build 18356 which rolled out earlier this week. While the last build introduced a feature to mirror your Android phone to your Windows PC via the Your Phone app, this build concentrates on more fixes and improvements.
Windows 10 19H1 Build 18358
Here is the list of changes and improvements included with today’s new build:
- FOR GAMERS: We have addressed an issue with Game Mode that may degrade game streaming and recording quality.
- Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? We’ve added even more slots! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out another update later today. To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
- We fixed an issue that could result in the thumbnails in Alt + Tab sometimes becoming offset.
- We fixed an issue where certain upgrade paths could result in the contents of the Recycle Bin being left under Windows.old.
- We fixed an issue resulting in upgrades failing at 18% or 25% and rolling back for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insider experiencing green screens with error KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some apps using the Windows Installer failing to install recently.
While the builds are coming faster and at a more rapid pace, remember we’re still several weeks until the final version is rolled out to everyone. As with all preview builds, there are still plenty of known issues for users and developers. Make sure to read Microsoft’s full blog post for all changes, known issues, and workarounds.