Big news over at Microsoft this afternoon. As announced by Steve Ballmer himself, Microsoft unveiled its flagship productivity suite — The New Office, formerly code-named “Office 15”.
The New Office Suite can be downloaded from Office.com/Preview and includes new versions of the entire sure – Word 2013, Powerpoint 2013, Excel 2013, Outlook 2013, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Lync etc..
I’m still digesting all the information from the new release however be sure to check out our First Look Screenshot Tour and read below for a few of the key highlights from the release ceremony of the Preview.
- Deep integration with Microsoft’s Cloud Services Skydrive (for consumer) and Office 365 for Corps.
- Office in the cloud truly with a Subscription model for buy Office and an Office on Demand feature that allows you to stream full-featured Office Apps to any Internet-connected Windows PC.
- Roaming capabilities which allow you access to recently used files, templates, custom dictionaries and more across all your devices.
- Increased Touch support for Tablets and Touch sensitive monitors – Just in time for Microsoft’s very own Tablet the Surface!
- Finally we see native Office Apps for Windows 8 Metro — Both Lync and OneNote have a native UI built just for the Metro UI and all the Office suite icons have received a facelift to look much more “metro-like”.
- More social integration as well as more built-in integration with recent acquisitions Skype and Yammer.
And so much more….
The team here at groovyPost is going to have a blast checking out all the new features, tips and tricks of Microsoft Office 2013 so stay tuned for a lot of groovy Office Goodness in the coming days!