It’s that time of the month again with Patch Tuesday. Microsoft today is releasing cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 sans version 1511. If you’re running Windows 10 1903 aka “May 2019 Update” or version 1909 aka “November 2019 Update” your patch will come in the form of KB4549951.
Note: Both versions 1903 and 1909 get the same cumulative update version. As usual, there are no new features, but the update includes important security fixes and overall system improvements.
Cumulative Update KB4549951 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909
Today’s update will bump Windows 10 version 1903 to build 18362.778 and 1909 to build 18363.778. Here are the highlights of today’s new update:
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
And here is the full list of fixes and improvements:
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from installing if they are published using a Group Policy Object.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Virtualization, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Kernel, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Management, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine .
If automatic updates enabled on your system, you should see the new updates in the next couple of days. Or, if you can stay on top of things by manually heading to Settings > Update & Security > Microsoft Update to check.
Older versions of Windows 10 are getting a updates today as well. There are a no documented known issues with this update. Make sure to read the documentation on the Windows 10 Update History page for your version’s release notes.
If something breaks after you install today’s updates and can’t be resolved with resolved by Microsoft’s documented workarounds you can roll them back.
For more on how to do that, makes sure to read our article: How to Uninstall a Windows 10 Cumulative Update.